woddy4090

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi all , I'm new on here , I've had my Apple watch for a week , just want to know if I'm missing something, the haptic on the notifications is just one tap and with the prominent switch ON its a very quick buzz then one tap , is this right ? I seem to be missing a lot of notifications! Thanks for any help

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
First, I would like to welcome you to the community. It's a pleasure to have you aboard.

Now, for your question: yes, that is correct regarding the notifications. However, here are a couple of suggestions to try.

1) If you haven't yet, try restarting the watch. Some people have noticed this helped with the taps.

2) Make sure your watch band is snug.

woddy4090

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Bigeric for your reply , I've try'd restarting the watch ! No difference! And I've got it on smug ! I hope the new software update gives us a few more taps !!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
First, I would like to welcome you to the community. It's a pleasure to have you aboard.

Now, for your question: yes, that is correct regarding the notifications. However, here are a couple of suggestions to try.

1) If you haven't yet, try restarting the watch. Some people have noticed this helped with the taps.

2) Make sure your watch band is snug.

I can't deal with a snug watch. Or really anything for that matter. I feel the taps most times.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I feel the Haptic feedback isn't quite as strong as I'd like it. It's enough to feel when I'm not doing anything, but when active I tend to miss a notification here and there.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I feel the Haptic feedback isn't quite as strong as I'd like it.

I couldn't agree more. It's particularly bad coming from an original Pebble. I used the alarm on the Pebble to wake me in the morning, without fail, for nearly a year now. I would never trust the Watch haptic to do that, prominent or not.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. It's particularly bad coming from an original Pebble. I used the alarm on the Pebble to wake me in the morning, without fail, for nearly a year now. I would never trust the Watch haptic to do that, prominent or not.

Do you wear your watch to bed?

woddy4090

May 1, 2015
Visit site
I've also come from a pebble and would never miss any notifications, I think just the option to extend the taps would be good !

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Do you wear your watch to bed?

No. I wear the Pebble to bed - it's not even connected to my phone any more. Bluetooth is off. Just use it for the alarm. Watch needs to charge at night. Doesn't startle me with a loud alarm sound, more gentle than that. Best part is I just use the button on the Pebble to snooze or turn it off. Much easier than finding a virtual button on a watch. I use my iPhone as a backup, just in case...that system has never failed me.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've also come from a pebble and would never miss any notifications, I think just the option to extend the taps would be good !

It does help a bit. I do like that the taps are not obnoxious like the Pebble. The vibrations are so loud that everyone around me knows I received a notification, which I think in Apple's view is missing the point of a subtle notification.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
No. I wear the Pebble to bed - it's not even connected to my phone any more. Bluetooth is off. Just use it for the alarm. Watch needs to charge at night. Doesn't startle me with a loud alarm sound, more gentle than that. Best part is I just use the button on the Pebble to snooze or turn it off. Much easier than finding a virtual button on a watch. I use my iPhone as a backup, just in case...that system has never failed me.

Aren't you worried about damaging your Pebble by potentially sleeping on it?

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Not at all. It's more rugged, to me, than the Watch.

Oh yes, much more rugged for sure. More power to you! Seems the Pebble has become a close friend rather than a piece of technology lol

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Oh yes, much more rugged for sure. More power to you! Seems the Pebble has become a close friend rather than a piece of technology lol

I wouldn't call it that. It serves a purpose.

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree - haptic vibration/feedback MUCH too subtle. Hopefully they'll address this in an update. I'm missing many notifications

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Totally agree - haptic vibration/feedback MUCH too subtle. Hopefully they'll address this in an update. I'm missing many notifications

Same here. I need something between the prominent haptic and the Pebble vibration. After having my Apple Watch for only a few days, I am getting used to the taps, but mostly when my arm is stationary (at work desk, watching TV, etc.). If I'm moving around I'll miss the notifications 99% of the time. Also, Is there a way to get selective sounds on the watch? I have it set to mute but would like to receive a couple of notification chimes, such as messages and twitter alerts.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Huh.....I have a Pebble Steel and miss pretty much everything but phone calls when I'm active. Seems Watch will be no different. Either way, I think 's objective is to be unobtrusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Huh.....I have a Pebble Steel and miss pretty much everything but phone calls when I'm active. Seems Watch will be no different. Either way, I think 's objective is to be unobtrusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you'll miss a lot when you're active. You will adjust though - I notice subtle taps (with prominent haptic enabled) sometimes when I'm working out doing P90X or running, more than I did at first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR