Anyone seen skin affected by Apple watch Sport ?

Jonnyboy255

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Today was my first day wearing the apple watch the whole day. i love how comfortable it feels in my wrist. Although by afternoon, wearing the watch felt 'annoying' when i took it off i noticed that my skin looked shiny as seen on the picture provided. what might be the cause of this? i am still deciding if i should keep it or return in...IMG_0415.jpg

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I'm not a doctor but in my opinion it doesn't look like its irritated. It just looks shiny from having something in contact with it. I think this pretty normal to be honest.

It looks like the part of the watch that was in contact was the back of the watch, so I'm not sure the band caused this. Just a guess from the picture.

If it were the band it would be along the sides and underneath your wrist. That's not to say it's not causing anything with your skin. I personally know someone who can't wear any bands other then metal and leather because they do cause skin irritation. It's my understanding that apple did research on this to mitigate the risk with the materials they used.

Maf C

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
All other watches I've got including an Omega Seamaster have caused my skin to blister & itch where the back of the watch touches (regardless of how tight or loose the strap is) I decided on the SS with BSB in the hopes that the ceramic back would be kinder on my skin. Having tweaked the strap size which needs to be fairy tight (the small worked best for me) I can report that having worn the watch for a while inc' some heavy workouts it not been at all uncomfortable & shows not signs of irritation.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Today was my first day wearing the apple watch the whole day. i love how comfortable it feels in my wrist. Although by afternoon, wearing the watch felt 'annoying' when i took it off i noticed that my skin looked shiny as seen on the picture provided. what might be the cause of this? i am still deciding if i should keep it or return in...View attachment 81043

Keep a eye on it see if it gets worse. It looks like it could be starting to get red.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
No issues here. Though I have notice I seem to sweat abit more under the apple watch, that most any other watch I wear

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been wearing mine since launch without issue and I have really sensitive skin.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Actually, there have been some reports of people that are hypersensitive to nickel have been getting reactions to the Space Grey Sport model. Although, I think it would be better to get checked by an allergist or someone like that to lock down the actual cause.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think people are really REALLY getting invested into the new "hypersensitive" idea. They see something like a little spot on their skin and they start thinking all kinds of insane things about it.

I think people need to get a better understanding of what actual skin irritations and issues look like, and realize that what we're seeing in the pictures OP put is neither of those things.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I think people are really REALLY getting invested into the new "hypersensitive" idea. They see something like a little spot on their skin and they start thinking all kinds of insane things about it.

I think people need to get a better understanding of what actual skin irritations and issues look like, and realize that what we're seeing in the pictures OP put is neither of those things.

They have a word for that but I don't think I can post it here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
This may sound really dumb but I'm sincere. The shininess you see on your wrist is the same I see under a class ring I've been wearing for a couple years now. It's not irritating and I figured it was just the ring "buffing" my skin to a shine. Of course everyone's mileage will vary, so keep an eye on it and if you actually start to feel irritation, it's time to give it further investigation.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a reaction to nickel and so far I have not had a reaction to the sports band. This was one of my biggest concerns when getting the watch. I thought I was going to have to go buy a new band ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Of COURSE keep am eye on it, but I think it's harmless. Either sweat or skin buffing as has been suggested. I don't think you have anything to worry about. :)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a reaction to nickel and so far I have not had a reaction to the sports band. This was one of my biggest concerns when getting the watch. I thought I was going to have to go buy a new band ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is good to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I honestly think that is normal. Whenever I wear a watch or a semi-tight bracelet that doesn't move around, my skin also looks shiny after I remove my accessory. It doesn't mean that I'm itchy or allergic to whatever jewelry I am wearing. IF you are worried, then you can always return the item.

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Today was my first day wearing the apple watch the whole day. i love how comfortable it feels in my wrist. Although by afternoon, wearing the watch felt 'annoying' when i took it off i noticed that my skin looked shiny as seen on the picture provided. what might be the cause of this? i am still deciding if i should keep it or return in...View attachment 81043

Do you normally wear a watch?

I wear a watch everyday and that's pretty normal. Grants I have brown skin but I have a definite color difference where my watch sits and my skin is "shinier" there too. I rotate between 2 watches with different shaped faces and they both do the same thing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77