Playing golf with the Apple Watch?

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone played golf with their Apple watch on? While I would like to "get credit" for all my walking, I'm a bit apprehensive about actually wearing it during a round of golf. Being a rather high handicapper I've been known to spend some time under trees and bushes hacking away at my golf ball. I do have the stainless steel so I'm think I'll be OK re: scratches. Thoughts or reports?

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the pebble watch and use golf gps apps. Which also keeps scores. It is awesome. Can't wait to try it out on the course. You should try it out.

theswami

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried Hole 19 as a GPS rangefinder but found it lacking. I have not checked out GolfShot since to use it with the Apple Watch requires a subscription.

I do like to use the watch as an activity tracker while I am playing. It seems to track mileage pretty accurately and it also tracks calories.

One question I have is about using it to track golf as a "workout." 90% of the time I walk when I play, and of that 90% I carry my bag almost all the time. Doing this for 4+ hours in the heat is a workout. Once I used the "other" workout while I played my round and the numbers were far too high (I think). For now, I just play with the device on and let it track as if I was just walking around.

nbomar1

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I used it and have golf shot+. I was unaware that golf shot had an app on the phone but was pleasantly surprised when I glanced at my phone and the "glance" for golf shot was displayed. It is simple and effective.

dezee38

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
ZERO ISSUES......I've played sever times since I've had my watch and you'll have no problems. I've been introduced to a couple trees and haven't had any issues. I have the exact same make and model as you and I do everything in it. Love it.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
ZERO ISSUES......I've played sever times since I've had my watch and you'll have no problems. I've been introduced to a couple trees and haven't had any issues. I have the exact same make and model as you and I do everything in it. Love it.

Same here. Played a few rounds of 18 with my friends while wearing the watch. I didn't get any scratches, no problems with anything. Still works just like it did on day one.

PDADoctor

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I play with mine on with no issues, but I'm a low-handicapper and don't spend any time in the bushes. YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bsmithphoto13

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I use my apple watch while playing golf all the time. I've played the past 4 days in Florida (very hot and get very sweaty) and I've had zero issues! I'm trying to find a good gps app for the watch that I don't have to subscribe to use and haven't found a great one yet... Any suggestions?

dezee38

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Hole19 sir. Great app. Able to keep up with headache, stokes, and putts all from the watch. The accuracy is very good. I compared it against a range finder last round. Enjoy.

dezee38

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Downloading it now, can't wait to try it out on Thursday. Thanks!!

I'm sure u know this, but just in case.... for max use, make sure u actually open the app and don't use it from the "glances" area,u can change holes or record score from there. Also don't forget to go to setting on your watch and general - activate on wrist raise - resume to last app used, in order to have the gps appear instead of the watch face on wrist raise.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I think I will probably end up getting a Pebble

I used to wear my Pebble while golfing with a great free yardage app that worked pretty flawlessly called Swing By Swing Golf. Also at $100 (now less) I wasn't worried much about damaging the watch. Also the pebble is super low weight so it's comfortable to wear while golfing. Definitely recommend it.

IanRip

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Ive tried a couple of different watch apps and to be honest the lag is too slow, I use a laser Bushnell, so I?m happy with that

One bug I find is sometimes my glove hits the buttons and I get a taptic buzz, just before I hit

The apple watch os 2 site shows a swing analysis app, not sure which app it is, but will give it a shot

rpayner

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Golf shot is the golden standard in my humble opinion. I've tried them all and as a legacy user with a discounted subscription it is really quite amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal