Stainless Steel or Sport

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I really can't decide between the stainless steel and sport watch.

I work outside on the tracks on the railway so my first thought was the stainless until I saw the price!

It's nearly the price of an iPhone (?519!) and as much as like the look and style my head is saying no especially considering its a Gen 1 product.

The stainless would be stronger and more robust for work too it's just that price.

Please share your thoughts and it would be great if I could get some views from others that own one or the other and also work in a sim job

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Disclaimer: No model of the Apple Watch is indestructible; therefore, I recommend using reasoned judgment when participation in certain activities.

With that being said, all watch models operate the same—as far as technological functionality. Therefore, whichever Apple Watch speaks to you, “considering” purchasing that one.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I hear the sport models have a problem with the crown sticking. People are having to rinse watch in water. Not an issue yet on my ss watch.

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
you could get the sport and add apple care and still save money.

I work construction and was asking my self the same thing. If a chain flys up and hits my watch, it doesn't matter what its made of, its going to get toasted. Ladders, framing hammers, jack hammers, we just need to be careful. just climbing in the back of the truck and pulling something out from under the tool box could be scary. we just need to be a little more careful.

None construction people may be better off considering build material. The impacts of normal life are not nearly as damaging.

Cody

Gadget Goblin

May 1, 2015
Visit site
you could get the sport and add apple care and still save money.

I work construction and was asking my self the same thing. If a chain flys up and hits my watch, it doesn't matter what its made of, its going to get toasted. Ladders, framing hammers, jack hammers, we just need to be careful. just climbing in the back of the truck and pulling something out from under the tool box could be scary. we just need to be a little more careful.

None construction people may be better off considering build material. The impacts of normal life are not nearly as damaging.

Cody

This is true Cody, never thought of that option. Which do you have?

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When in doubt, especially for a first-gen product, I will nearly always recommend the Sport with the sport band. It's less money, and you can always wiat for the next-gen product. I have the space gray 42mm sport with black sport band, and I'm careful with it. I got AppleCare+, in case I break it. Cheaper than buying another one full price. Let's face it: at some point, some of our Watches will get scratched or damaged. Apple has taken steps to reduce that possibility. I like the sport with black band because it actually weighs less than any other Apple Watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox