So the sport can crack! Easily.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You know, if something hard somehow got flung by a trimmer and accidentally struck the display of an Watch, an iPad, an iPhone or any other smart device's display, chances are the display will crack due to the velocity of the flung object. Having said that, to say that the "sport can crack easily" is misleading., in my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You know, if something hard somehow got flung by a trimmer and accidentally struck the display of an Watch, an iPad, an iPhone or any other smart device's display, chances are the display will crack due to the velocity of the flung object. Having said that, to say that the "sport can crack easily" is misleading., in my opinion.

It's like saying the windshield on a Ford F-150 cracks easily because a semi threw a rock and cracked one.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Adam Brown22

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I personally like thicker watches so I don't think I would mind getting a bumper protector for the face of it. I prefer the look over slim and sleek. Deff good to know that happened... have to think protection when I get out the ol' lawn mower this season.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Someone should've told this fool. He smashed his watch hoping that it didn't crack and got mad when it did. :raised-eyebrow:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Someone should've told this fool. He smashed his watch hoping that it didn't crack and got mad when it did. :raised-eyebrow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fwqANb9Acg

I don't have the patience to deal with videos like that, especially his comment, "and they call this durability?", after he has purposely dropped the watch several times on concrete. #smh. Furthermore, on page 81 of the Watch user's guide, it clearly states, "

"Apple Watch contains sensitive electronic components and can be damaged if dropped, burned,punctured, or crushed."

Anyway, I will always view videos like that as somewhat disrespectful to the people who are waiting or unable to get one.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Where's the video of someone dropping a Pebble Watch? Why is it always an Apple gizmo?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
What an *****! From the sound of his voice, I don't think he was prepared for willfully destroying his watch. I wonder if he intentionally drops his iPhone face down on concrete as well? No sympathy from me.

This was clearly his personal watch, not a test unit he acquired to destroy.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
What an *****! From the sound of his voice, I don't think he was prepared for willfully destroying his watch. I wonder if he intentionally drops his iPhone face down on concrete as well? No sympathy from me.

This was clearly his personal watch, not a test unit he acquired to destroy.

This makes it even funnier to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam Brown22

May 9, 2015
Visit site
I just loved the end when he said he didn't realize the ion-X display was on the sport and not the higer-end glass. What a tool, do your research!

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I just loved the end when he said he didn't realize the ion-X display was on the sport and not the higer-end glass. What a tool, do your research!

Yeah, he's really a tool. But, even if it did have the sapphire crystal face vice the Gorilla glass, I suspect it would have also shattered. Sapphire won't scratch with anything less hard than itself, which pretty much means a diamond. But, as a crystal, it will shatter. It that regard, I'd expect the Gorilla glass to be a bit more resilient than a brittle crystal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR