For those that have had it a few days now, what is the best watch feature other than notifications?

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
In order of awesomeness:
1) Apple pay/passbook (Starbucks,AMC,AAA)
2) watch iMessage
3) not missing phone calls
4) Apple TV remote (I am always losing the small Apple TV remote)
5) iPhone Ping!
6) power point remote
7) Activity glances/alerts (say goodbye to sleepy body parts after sitting in a desk all day in front of a computer at work)
8) taptic map directions

Was that enough just after a couple of days' usage?

How do you get your cards like Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks etc from your passbook on iPhone into Apple Pay on your Apple Watch? I'm only seeing the option for credit and debit cards. Thanks!

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
How do you get your cards like Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks etc from your passbook on iPhone into Apple Pay on your Apple Watch? I'm only seeing the option for credit and debit cards. Thanks!

It's already part of passbook on you're watch not part of Pay.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I used my watch to pay for my drink at Peet's Coffee and the cashier along with another guest were like that is 'so cool!'

Jets69

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
It's already part of passbook on you're watch not part of Pay.

When I double click for Apple Pay I only see my credit cards. I Don't see my Dunkin Donuts Card or Starbucks card. I also do not see the option to install them from the Apple Watch app on iPhone like I did for my credit cards. What am I missing here?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I double click for Apple Pay I only see my credit cards. I Don't see my Dunkin Donuts Card or Starbucks card. I also do not see the option to install them from the Apple Watch app on iPhone like I did for my credit cards. What am I missing here?

Don't activate Apple Pay. On the watch, go to Apps, then tap the Passbook icon, then select your Dunkin Card.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Don't activate Apple Pay. On the watch, go to Apps, then tap the Passbook icon, then select your Dunkin Card.

Yes like Kilo said its in the passbook app and if you have it set up to show on your lock screen when you're near certain stores all you have to do on your watch is swipe down from the top of the watch face and voila your pass will be in Notification Center.

pattylt

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: For those that have had it a few days now, what us the best watch feature other than notificatio

Y I am always misplacing my phone so being able to ping it from the watch will be cool as well.

This... 3 times already! I really don't misplace my phone very often but I've been spring cleaning and everything is getting moved about.
Also, I work evenings and it is hockey playoffs :crying: I love the ESPN app giving me the final score within a minute of its ending. Last pm I actually got to watch the games and the scores came through right after! This is a stupid little thing but important to me. I can continue working but see the final scores without pulling out my phone...

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Opinions changed, exercise aspect of the watch is now the best feature to me. The Activity app is a winner for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Opinions changed, exercise aspect of the watch is now the best feature to me. The Activity app is a winner for me.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk

I have to admit, it's one of the features I would miss the most if I didn't have the Apple Watch.

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I was a Fitbit user and tracking activity has been important to me. I am LOVING the added activity tracking. I want to sit less and move more. Now I know how much I am sitting and moving. The watch is slowly learning my runs and pace and becoming more accurate. I also love how much easier it is to check my heart rate and to have a full day's worth of data! Apple pay is also up there. And checking the time on my wrist. All of this on my wrist is amazing. And this does not include all the other aspects I use.

Jsince80

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Used my apple pay from my 42mm SG SPORT at the local Apple Store to purchase my AppleCare. First time over ever used Apple Pay and what a breeze that was I can get used to that.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Used my apple pay from my 42mm SG SPORT at the local Apple Store to purchase my AppleCare. First time over ever used Apple Pay and what a breeze that was I can get used to that.

I've used Apple Pay numerous times and it's so cool. I really think it is amazing when you pay for something with your watch without having your iPhone on you. Magic! :D

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
My second full day with the watch. I'm so excited to have it. I admit a nagging little doubt that I'd be disappointed but that has not happened so far. My thoughts:

Best Features:
1. Apple Pay is AH-MAZE-ING! I love it. I loathe to go to places already that make me pull out my wallet, as Rene would say, like an animal.

2. For all those moments when I no longer have to do the awkward lean and straighten out to get my phone out of my pocket when I'm sitting in a chair, particularly in the car.

Mixed Emotion:
1. While Siri transcribes much better, sometimes I shout hey Siri and it still doesn't start up, while other times I'm not quite sure how to handle messages when I need to say a proper name that it probably won't get right.

2. Other than my Dark Sky glance, I'm not gravitating toward glances very much.

Needs Work:
1. Some app extensions or glances just don't load and more than few take so long the screen turns off before it ever loads.

2. I can't quite figure out when the watch automatically returns to watch face or stays on an app screen, after putting my arm down and bringing it back up. It hasn't done one way or the other consistently.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
For those that have had it a few days now, what is the best watch feature oth...

I'm reluctant to use it at the airport yet, even though I have it in Passbook. I feel weird about that, a but pretentious. Used the phone, and that's pretty common now.

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: For those that have had it a few days now, what is the best watch feature oth...

I'm gathering that some of the boarding pass scanners are so narrow between the scanner and platform, you can't put your arm there. That would make me nervous to be the one to hold up the line to then fish out the printed ticket. Think I'd have it ready to hand to them as a backup, but I'd want to try the watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh