How is the battery life on your Apple Watch?

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Finally charged it today before leaving for work and it was only at 45% I didn't want it to die at work. Almost three days!

Pedro Hicken

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
8 hours I have used 15%. Notifications, set an alarm and been an all round hero for buying a Starbucks for a friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oliver Tausend

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually quite impressed by the battery life of my Apple Watch Sport 42mm. Last Sunday, I cycled about 2 ? hours, did an indoor workout for about 15 minutes - and the battery of the watch lasted from 9 AM to 11 PM. At 11 PM, it was still about 10 %.

However, the effect on the iPhone's battery is devastating: When I start the day with a fully charged iPhone 5S, it is down to 60 % after two to three hours without really having done anything with it - no workout, nothing, just the Watch that was paired to it. That means, I have to charge my iPhone twice a day which hadn't been the case before. This is something I'm not happy with.

hot_guitar

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've had it for 4 days now. The battery generally has 10-20% left at the end of the night. Yesterday, after 40 min of exercising, the battery dropped way low. By 11pm it was at 1%.

oblithe

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been absolutely pleased with the battery life. It's been a week now, and I'm thinking of removing the battery glance, I just don't need to look at it anymore. I trust that it will last all day long.
If only my iPhone six could last all day long through moderately heavy usage. Ha ha.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually quite impressed by the battery life of my Apple Watch Sport 42mm. Last Sunday, I cycled about 2 ? hours, did an indoor workout for about 15 minutes - and the battery of the watch lasted from 9 AM to 11 PM. At 11 PM, it was still about 10 %.

However, the effect on the iPhone's battery is devastating: When I start the day with a fully charged iPhone 5S, it is down to 60 % after two to three hours without really having done anything with it - no workout, nothing, just the Watch that was paired to it. That means, I have to charge my iPhone twice a day which hadn't been the case before. This is something I'm not happy with.

I agree. Had to go back to the 6+ for the extra battery. Now all is good.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have not received my watch yet......AAARRRGGGHHHH, but I already have my charging plan ready to go :)

I wake up at 3am and that is when I will put the watch on. I will head to the gym and track my workout (1 1/2- 2 hours) then I will put the watch on the charger that I bought for my car. I drive an hour or so to work, so I am guessing with the time it takes to charge that should top me off to 100%. It will be on my wrist from 8am until around 6pm at the office, then on the ride home back on the charger, but only if we have plans for the evening, so on Fridays. It will go back on the charger at 9pm when I go to bed.

If I follow that routine I should ALWAYS have juice, which is a big pet peeve of mine. I have more extra battery packs than any one person should ;)

Now hurry up Apple and ship my watch so I can test this process out :)

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
My second day with it, after running for a little over an hour my Watch was down to 50% and that had me really worried. But after a few more days, I can run for an hour an only get it down to 80% or so. Last night it still had 25% at 2 am after being used since 9 am (and that includes a 1-hour run in the morning).

Oliver Tausend

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
After the first Watch OS-update, the battery life of both the watch and the connected iPhone 5S has improved remarkably. After 16 hours of usage, the watch was still at 36 %. I usually don't have to recharge the iPhone during the day, awesome.

anon(9343851)

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
After the first Watch OS-update, the battery life of both the watch and the connected iPhone 5S has improved remarkably. After 16 hours of usage, the watch was still at 36 %. I usually don't have to recharge the iPhone during the day, awesome.
I wonder if this is related to the heart rate monitor not sampling your pulse as often as before…

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday was the first full day of wearing my 42 sport. Started the day around 11am. Used to make a few quick calls responded to some messages, and used the GPS on it for about 30 min.

Returned home around 11:30 with 50% battery left. And phone at 70%

Sent from my iPhone 6 Space~G using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am impressed took off charger 9pm last night here I am 6pm next day so 21 hours or so and still I'm at 45 so I'm less worried now than I was about battery I'll prob still charge it but overall not bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
After a couple of weeks of ownership, I'm averaging around 50-55% battery usage for 16-18 hours of light to moderate usage. I think the lowest battery reading I've seen was around 40% after a particularly busy day.

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had my 42 SS since 4/29. I put it on around 7:00 AM, after what I would call moderate usage (launch apps, reply to messages, check stocks, weather, hour or so of walking/exercise, set timers/alarms, use Pandora quite a bit) I generally have at least 40% - 45 % left at about 11:00 PM when it goes back on it's charger. Very satisfied

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Considering all the naysaying beforehand about battery life, mine has been a revelation. Admittedly, I'm not a heavy user of the Workout app, which from what I've read seems to be the biggest battery hog, but I could regularly get two days use out of a full charge on mine. I say 'could' - I've got into a routine of keeping the Watch on but putting it in power reserve at roughly 50-60% when I go to bed, and then putting it on charge when I get up. I normally find the hour/hour and a half while I'm having breakfast/showering etc is enough to then top the battery back off to 100%.

I was more concerned about the effect on my phone's battery in having bluetooth on permanently, but that hasn't been an issue either - I can't honestly say I'm charging my phone any more frequently since I've had the Watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro