Public Reaction to Apple Watch

iChris8

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
So it happened.... A huge group of people within 30 seconds found out that I owned the space grey Apple watch....I was mortified!

I was rushing onto the 1 train in NYC and of course it was crowed and I had to reach my arm over some1 to grab onto the railing. All of a sudden the woman yelled, " IS THAT THE APPLE WATCH?" After about 3 seconds of processing what this lady just said on a crowed train in mid Manhattan, I felt sick, embarrassed, and felt as if I was about to throw up. This lady just announced to what seemed at the time as the world that I had this special device on my arm. Mind you I was wearing a sweater and kept my watch's position on my arm as low key as possible. I think she noticed when my friends button was pushed because the lady immediately recognized the interface of my watch. I quietly said yes but all I wanted to do was leave at that point. I looked up and the whole train was looking at me and my watch, I HATED the attention. Most importantly I didn't want to get robbed bc I also carry a 6+ in my pocket. A guy in front of me went back and forth looking at me then down at my watch and finally took a picture of it on my arm, I felt violated. Then a nice older lady said, "I guess you were one of the first to get one." Another lady asked if I liked it and wanted to know how convenient it was. My mistake was answering them.

I might have over reacted, however, I never intended to ever show off my watch, nor be a target of theft. One of the reasons I got the space grey Apple watch was bc I have dark skin and the black would be less noticeable on my arm. Furthermore getting any other sport band would immediately screen APPLE WATCH on my arm. Hopefully in a few weeks the watch will fall back into the fold and when some1 uses it in public it would be the equivalent as pulling out an iPhone, nothing special.

Anyway what are some of your stories that you care to share. Did anyone have any positive interactions with the public because of your new Apple watch? Or even a negative one like me?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't be self conscious, it's unavoidable.
Act normally and you'll be fine.
Of course if it were me I'd have a sign with an arrow pointing to my arm and a huge happy face....but I'm loud and draw attention just by breathing so it's normal.
Enjoy your watch!!!!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Last edited:

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
All the experiences I've had so far have been very positive. People say things like, "That watch looks so tight." And I like answering questions about my latest gadget. I've been doing that for years. :cool:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Someone said the same thing on a train I was the other day, yelling at someone else asking them Hey is that a Galaxy Gear Watch. Said no one ever.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
People are just excited about it. 99% mean well.

If you dislike attention from strangers to the point that you become scared/ill, hide it when you're on public transit for the next month.

Friends and acquaintances are interested in the thing, and want to see it. (42mm SS, Milanese loop.)

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
People are just excited about it. 99% mean well.

If you dislike attention from strangers to the point that you become scared/ill, hide it when you're on public transit for the next month.

Friends and acquaintances are interested in the thing, and want to see it. (42mm SS, Milanese loop.)

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Great advice!

nixtoo

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Nobody noticed mine. Some of my students asked me if it had arrived and i said 'yes I'm wearing it'! They had expected it to be less discrete looking.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2