For those of you who have the Watch, has your usage of your IPhone decreased?

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Congrats to all you Watch owners! Maybe it's too early to ask, but has the Watch made you use your IPhone less? Once the honeymoon phase is over, do you think you may conversely use the Watch less and IPhone more? I ask this because logically with notifications on the Watch, I would think you would use the IPhone less, but since Apple says if you want to continue texting, calling, emailing, you should still be using the IPhone, so...

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm using my phone less. I didn't even need to charge it yesterday. I do most of my email on my iMac though. I left my phone sitting on my desk. I hate carrying my phone around. It's the number one reason I got the watch.

iChris8

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't use my phone that much at all anymore. It's not good that I'm using my 6+ 128gb that I paid so much for but I'm fine with it. I like that my phone it's always planted in front of my face.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Like others have stated, I'm using my iPhone much less with the Apple Watch. Also, I'm leaving my phone on the table or in my office and just using the watch. It's very nice.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely using my phone less. It's great to be able to dismiss and reply to notifications without my phone (my favorite part of having the watch).

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Not really using the phone dramatically less, so far. It's cool for notifications, and I do use the Watch now when I work out, but I still need the phone to do anything substantial.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I use my phone more if anything and my iPad mini less. I've been playing around with the interaction and then because my phone is in my hand I use it to browse the news via flipboard when normally I'd do that on my iPad.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I use my phone more if anything and my iPad mini less. I've been playing around with the interaction and then because my phone is in my hand I use it to browse the news via flipboard when normally I'd do that on my iPad.
I assume you have the 6+ since you are using the iPad mini less?

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Yup I've had the 6+ since launch though so the difference is definitely the watch. It starts with browsing for watch enabled apps on the phone then I get a notice then I read apple news on flipboard.

scwleung

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been using my phone more, but mostly to browse apps that I can use with the watch.

Otherwise, I've been relying on notifications and glances.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I still use my phone just as much, just for various other things. They watch can't do everything just yet, and it can't receive all of my messages. I tend to get a lot of pictures sent to me, and some if they are sized correctly I can view on the watch, while others require me to go to my phone to check it out.

I never expected the watch to make me use my phone significantly less, I just expected it to be a great resource when I am not able to look at my phone, especially when I am teaching.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I had definitely been using my phone less since I've had the Watch - note the use of the past tense there, as since the release of Apple Music I've found my phone in my hand a lot more often! Only for Music though - anything that's practical to do on the Watch is done on the Watch ...

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Definitely less. I work at home, and leave my phone on my desk. I can now roam throughout the house wearing only the watch, with no fear of missing a call. And, yesterday, went grocery shopping and left my phone in my pocket, checking off items on my watch (I use CLEAR for lists). It was great!

metreece

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I use my 6+ less thanks to the notifications on the watch. Many times there isn't a imminent need to pull the phone out of the holster. Still trying to figure out what the difference in "Done" and "Dismiss" is as they both seem to stay on the phone?

TJR1959

May 16, 2015
Visit site
A lot less...
I'm even taking a lot of calls on my Watch. If it turns out to be a long call, I'll switch to my phone, but usually I stay with my Watch
I reckon I get my phone out at least 50% less than I used to.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely!!! That is the point of the watch. If you can see your notifications on your wrist, you don't need to pull out your phone all the time. I also find that I am replying to texts with single emoji more often since I can do that from the watch.

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't say that I'm using my iPhone less, but I have found that the Apple watch makes for a really nice and useful companion to the iPhone for me. For instance, when I'm riding the bus during the rush hour commute and the bus is standing room only I can leave my iPhone in my pocket and control music playback through the controls on the watch. Much easier than trying to fish out a 6 Plus from my pocket while also tightly trying to hold on to my backpack. Also, I've made use of Siri numerous times on the watch, it's been quite convenient for me to leave my iPhone where it's at, either on my person in my pocket, or laying on a table a number of feet away from me. The Apple watch, the ultimate iPhone remote? For me the answer is yes.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm using my phone less, most of the time my phone is in another room, I have my apple watch and my headset so I don't need my phone near.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Lol I can imagine that I'd be staring at my wrist too much. I do get tired of picking my phone up though. Kind of wish I hadn't canceled my order but then again....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW