Charging / Power Off Habits

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Just curious to see how everyone charges their watches.......

Do you leave it plugged in / charging all night? Powered off?

I'm finding that it charges fairly quickly, so I've just been charging it in the morning or a night before bed, for about 45 min & then I power it off.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I will treat it as my phone. Plug in before bed and unplug when I wake up. Only difference I will turn the watch off

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure why I'd want to turn it off while charging. I wouldn't expect it to respond while charging, anyway, defaulting to the paired iPhone.

Can someone share their rationale for turning their watch off with the power button/screen slider each night?

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I put it on the charger as soon as I am able to really relax for the night. I let it charge until it is at 100% and then I take it off the charger and turn it off until the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lexic

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't turned my watch off at all. I charge around 9pm and put the watch on before I go to bed around 1am. I've always worn a watch to bed and don't see a reason to change that habit since my battery lasts fine.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why I'd want to turn it off while charging. I wouldn't expect it to respond while charging, anyway, defaulting to the paired iPhone.

Can someone share their rationale for turning their watch off with the power button/screen slider each night?

I realized that if you turn the watch off, once you throw it on the charger it turns back on. So... You cannot keep it off while charging

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Both iPhone and Watch on the charger when I go to bed until I wake, don't turn either off -- not sure why anyone would do that -- especially with DND available and active

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I will treat it as my phone. Plug in before bed and unplug when I wake up. Only difference I will turn the watch off

I do the same. Now, after three weeks, I'm settled in and not fiddling with it all day, I have between 20-40% left at the end of the day (depending on the length of my workout that day).

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I do the same. Now, after three weeks, I'm settled in and not fiddling with it all day, I have between 20-40% left at the end of the day (depending on the length of my workout that day).

Like you, I end the day with plenty of battery left. I was worried by early reviews saying a 40-minute workout would kill the battery, and I have not found that to be the case.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Like you, I end the day with plenty of battery left. I was worried by early reviews saying a 40-minute workout would kill the battery, and I have not found that to be the case.

I use it for P90X and runs. Some of the P90X workouts approach 75-90 minutes or more, and I've never had issues. Since I log them under "Other", they don't use the iPhone's GPS either. I'm finding the heart rate piece the best - I know better now if I'm in my zone or not. The heart rate watch I was using, required me to stop, place fingers on sensors, which means as I'm measuring the heart rate is going down. I did a non-scientific expeirment too, where I used both watches and I was pleased to see Apple Watch was right on the money.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro