iMessages coming from email address not cell number?

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
My friend then parents and gf all said suddenly my iMessages are coming from my Gmail account and not my cell phone number since getting the apple watch in Friday. I cant figure out how to fix this.

Anyone else experiencing this?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My friend then parents and gf all said suddenly my iMessages are coming from my Gmail account and not my cell phone number since getting the apple watch in Friday. I cant figure out how to fix this.

Anyone else experiencing this?

It happens occasionally with my iPhone in the same exact way...and as many different things I've researched that could be the cause of it, honestly, I think it's just a weird networking glitch that happens from time to time when an iMessage doesn't have an optimal sending procedure when it's sent...kind of like water following different paths when something obstructs it even a little bit, I think this happens with messages sent through iMessage on a network.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
On your iPhone, go to Settings/Messages/Send & Receive and make sure the Start New Conversations From selection is the one you want.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Good point on only using your cell number. I think I used to do it so I would get messages on my iPad but that's pointless now with handoff.

First thing I did was check my settings and ensured I had start new messages from my cell number.

Will check back and see if it's still an issue and if so just keep it on cell phone number only.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77