Can you choose a particular Gmail account for notifications?

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a few different Gmail email addresses/accounts. I would like to choose just one for for notifications but can't seem to find an option anywhere to do so. Think this is possible? Thanks

lawrenmel

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I've tried that and I only get the option for "Gmail" not an option to choose just one of my Gmail accounts but a ALL my accounts. I would like the option to choose just one of my accounts from which to receive notifications.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
In that section in the Settings, select the individual email address and you will get additional notification options for that specific address.

Then set the others to have no notifications (if that's what you desire).

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
@SwitchBeach Hi - I'm not seeing that option anywhere. What "settings" section are you describing? Is it on the watch, on the phone or on the watch app on the phone? Thanks

mlawrnce

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
@Bigeric23 - Thanks - I have two different Gmail email addresses with different names so I think they do have different names already

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ledsteplin - When I do that I just get Gmail as an option not firstaccount@gmail.com or secondaccount@gmail.com. I would like to just have firstaccount@gmail.com come through with notifications not the other. Thanks but I'm not sure I can do what I'd like yet. Perhaps after an update?

I was just showing where to set up a Gmail account for notifications on the phone. Is there something else you have to do?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
They don't - you just get a generic "Gmail" as a selection

Is it whatever you use as your default email account on your phone?
My default is Gmail. But I also have Gmail2 and several other email accounts.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮