Haptic notification not working

jack_oak

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Just got the 42mm sport space grey. I seem to get the little haptic buzzing with new incoming iMessages but that is it. No other notifications that come to my watch seem to buzz my wrist. The settings are all correct. Incoming mail, mirrored notifications from 3rd party apps only appear as a red dot. Anyone else have this issue?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Try enabling the Prominent Haptic option under My Watch > Sounds & Haptics. If that does not work, you might try restarting the watch.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have this setting enabled because I could not always detect the "taps." Now I don't miss any notifications. I'm thinking about turning off the sound, too, but I haven't yet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Even tried prominent. iMessages works for haptic feedback, but other notifications are hit or miss.

If make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose the problem for you, especially being that your  Watch is brand spanking new.

Scott31341

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I have been having the same issue with no haptic for any of the mirror iPhone apps so I have been changing setting to see what works. The only way I got the haptic to work was to go to the specific app in notification on the phone and turn on sound.

Sagacity726

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Try going to settings on the iPhone and then go to notifications then check to make sure that sounds is turned on for the specific notification. This worked for me.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm missing way more now that I have an apple watch than I ever did with my pebble watch. This seems like it might be the cause.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711