Sport band durability

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone seen any durability tests of the sport band material? I'm curious if the holes in the band will hold up to daily use/removal or will they stretch from the post head. Another weak spot I'm worried about are the two thin strips at the opening where the band slips through.

mtlscream

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere about the colour might fade over time.... But it remains to be seen... And it could happen over loooong time...

TimmyB20

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
How easy do we think it will be to replace the sport band?? I'm not a "take things apart" type of guy! Lol! I did notice that there was an extra band in the original packaging

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TimmyB20

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
It's not just a extra band. It a different size. You it you were the medium size. You will have to get a replacement for that as the large will be to big. Not sure how long that will last. But I have used a Fitbit for a while now with out any stretch issues

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
How easy do we think it will be to replace the sport band?? I'm not a "take things apart" type of guy! Lol! I did notice that there was an extra band in the original packaging

On the back of the watch there is a little button you push with your nail. The band slides right out. Really really easy. Except the bands are expensive for what they are.

image.jpg

**Anyone know how to delete an attachment? The first wasn't center so I tried to re-do it but the second pic ended as an addition instead of a replacement.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The sports bands are quite cheap ?39 so not unreasonable to replace. There is also the spare band you could use until you could get your hands on a new one. I'm using the small/medium band on mine. I think I could use the large on the smallest hole if I had to (haven't tried it). If you use the m/l you could try the s/m on the last hole.

I suppose they could discolour over time. However my pink iPhone 6 plus case seems to be holding up pretty well. I'm not sure how well my white sports band will hold up but I've got a pink band on order too.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
I was concerned because the way the push pin works it only takes a little bit of stretching in the hole and the band will no longer hold together. I wish it was a normal watch buckle.

image.jpg

*Sorry, all my stuff is coming out upside down when attached from my iPad.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I haven't seen any tests, but it seemed very durable when I felt it in person at the Apple Store. I'm confident it will hold up well

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk

fezza17

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering how easily the white bands will stain.

I have the White band. Left handed and wear my watch on my left wrist. Have gotten some pen and highlighter marks on the band over the past couple days (damn study...), and they wiped off quite easily with no residue/marking. Imagine some discolouration/marking will happen over time though (I've already ordered a BSB to use day-to-day)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen