How well does the Apple Watch function as a fitness device?
The one thing that I am interested in above everything else with the new Apple Watch is how it functions as a fitness device.
I go to the gym a lot and do a lot of cardio and hypertrophy work and the built in fitness app seems less than optimal for that kind of fitness regime and more suited to those that run/walk distances.
I'd love to hear the impressions on the Apple Watch from folks that have used one whilst they work out in the gym on machines, free weights and so on and who don't do much running please.
- 04-25-2015, 02:10 PM #2
Re: Apple Watch as a fitness device
While there may not seem to be much now - I think there's much, much more to come... reports of the tear down of the watch are saying the sensor pack on the watch back may be more capable than just pulse... it is supposedly also quite capable of oximetry...but that capability is disabled in firmware...allegedly because of FDA hurdles...
- 04-26-2015, 11:08 AM #3
- By Dog5000 in forum iOS 8Replies: 4Last Post: 06-23-2015, 01:23 PM
- By Ledsteplin in forum Apple WatchReplies: 6Last Post: 04-25-2015, 02:56 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-25-2015, 12:51 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-25-2015, 12:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-25-2015, 12:00 PM