Keeper for me, wife returning hers

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
You know what's interesting is I followed this thread on my watch. Didn't miss a notification. Even responded pretty quickly to someone who bought the other one.

Is it a necessity? Of course not. But it will quickly pay for itself in me not missing reminders, appointments, or vip messages and email. This will change the way I organize things. For the better.

These other experts you point to have agendas. My wife balks at price I think. And bottom line is that the benefits didn't outweigh the cost. For me they do.

Right now I don't think the majority will feel the same as me. Give it more features, better software, lower priced bands and hardware, and things will change most likely.

kingweb

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Just my opinion. I got my 42mm yesterday. I am already bored with it. Other than checking sports scores when I am at somewhere where checking scores is inappropriate (wedding, etc), I see very little use for it. So far the apps that I like keep crashing are are so watered down that they are useless.
Apple pay needs to be set up from scratch. It doesn't sync with the phone.
It's just a toy. Definitely overpriced. I am thinking about selling. Not sure yet.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And in my expert opinion

Dolls_Laughing.gif

You're about as close an expert on this stuff as a pack of hot dogs.

You put links to some of the most mainstream news outlets, and these are your references to other "experts" in the field? LOL!

And who's following you around? I'm not, I'm simply posting in a sub I've been quite active in in the last couple of weeks...you, however, continue to stroll around the community making end all be all statements as if it is a fact, when all they are is your simple opinion. That is the issue you continue to have...you make comments in such a "matter of fact" way that it's humorous to read, and then when someone points it out to you you go on this tirade about how you're innocent and people are picking on you, lol.

What you really are is a long winded troll.

Merlady

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
My husband asked me last night if my Apple Watch (38mm Milanese Loop) was worth $649. I said no, but I'm keeping it because I'm an Apple geek and I love it. I think I will use it mostly for ACTIVITY tracking. I like the notifications but if you have a lot set up, your battery will run down sooner. BTW I really like the band, very comfortable, stylish and infinitely adjustable. I do plan on getting a sport band when available for workouts only because they seem more appropriate.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
My husband asked me last night if my Apple Watch (38mm Milanese Loop) was worth $649. I said no, but I'm keeping it because I'm an Apple geek and I love it. I think I will use it mostly for ACTIVITY tracking. I like the notifications but if you have a lot set up, your battery will run down sooner. BTW I really like the band, very comfortable, stylish and infinitely adjustable. I do plan on getting a sport band when available for workouts only because they seem more appropriate.

Setting up the glances and notifications just right over the first few days is enjoyable -- when you've got it set up just right, you get what they meant when they announced it as Apple's most personal device!

Milanese loop for me too (42mm face). Thinking of getting a (blue) sport band and (stone) leather loop too.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the entertainment in this thread. Bravo.

I'll throw my non-expert opinion in here. While I await shipment of my watch (should have it tomorrow or Wednesday), I am looking forward to leaving my phone in my pocket at times. In a meeting, out at dinner with the family, it will be extremely nice to choose whether a notification is important enough to demand my immediate attention or whether it can wait. Taking those minutes back from my day due to checking my phone after it buzzes or beeps is reason enough for me to give Apple my money in this case.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
To the OP, there is the 2 week return window, maybe she can see how she feels about after using it for a week.

For me, personally, I like the watch.

What I found out (again for me), the novelty wore off pretty quickly. After setting it up, I played around with it for 15-20 minutes & that was it.

It's not an ios device that you can really "tinker with" like an ipad or iphone. It's a watch that has a variety of features. Apple' marketing really hypes up new products in sleek, shiny packages.

So I was pretty excited about receiving it. The problem is the hype was so high that for many, it doesn't live up to expectations.

I discovered that if I just put it on my wrist and "forget about it", it's cool for me. I like getting the notifications, siri is cool, & I use functions when I need them. The activity tracker is nice as well.

There isn't a right or wrong answer. Some will like it, some won't. Ultimately, she should do what she feels is best for her :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll