Can the Watch be used as a remote for devices like the Apple TV?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So I know probably not now, but could it be possible for the Apple watch to be used as a remote for devices such as Apple TV? Think that would be a neat addition, maybe not right away.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Apple watch as a remote?

You don't have to wait. You can use the Apple Watch to control your Apple TV now. There is a Remote app on the watch.

GadgetPeople

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

Yes Its works - I setup the Watch to control both the Apple TV & my Macbook . You also can control other things like TV'v with third party
apps , Theres a pais app that lets you control Directv and entertainment items .

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I am using it as the remote for the Apple TV. Please note that your phone has to be using the same wifi as the Apple TV for this to work as the watch remote app is just an extension of your phone at this point. have fun!

fezza17

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Used mine as a remote for my Apple TV yesterday- worked quite well, better in some ways than the original remote (intuitive and Apple TV responds quickly to the inputs from the watch). Obviously near impossible to use for password entry and the like, but the original remote isn't great for that either in my opinion.

mtlscream

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Used last night with my Apple TV.... It's cool..

Also Phillips updated the Hue app so nice I can control my lights too with my watch... Even better.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW