Showering with watch on?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So who is going to shower with their watch on? For me I take my watch off when I shower, I know some people keep their watch on all the time.

UKFan643

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Not only did Tim Cook say he did, but there are quite a few videos of people testing it in the shower with no issues. Now, I wouldn't wear mine just because I don't like the idea of wearing something in the shower. But it seems like it would be safe to.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Not only did Tim Cook say he did, but there are quite a few videos of people testing it in the shower with no issues. Now, I wouldn't wear mine just because I don't like the idea of wearing something in the shower. But it seems like it would be safe to.

Wonder how the metal will hold up over time? Feel like the risk of corrosion from constantly showering would be present.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Tim Cook also probably has a new one for each day so he doesn't have to worry if one gets ruined lol

TheOneRico

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Wonder how the metal will hold up over time? Feel like the risk of corrosion from constantly showering would be present.

Water shouldn't affect the metal. Aluminum doesn't rust and neither does stainless steel.

I've used regular watches with stainless steel cases for many years and never had any corrosion issues from showers or ocean water.

Will I shower with this watch, once I get it? Most likely not. I wouldn't want to take chances with it. If water were to get somehow inside it would be a whole lot more problematic than just letting it dry out for a couple of days, if that is even possible.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Water shouldn't affect the metal. Aluminum doesn't rust and neither does stainless steel.

I've used regular watches with stainless steel cases for many years and never had any corrosion issues from showers or ocean water.

Will I shower with this watch, once I get it? Most likely not. I wouldn't want to take chances with it. If water were to get somehow inside it would be a whole lot more problematic than just letting it dry out for a couple of days, if that is even possible.

That's another reason I wouldn't shower with it on. Risk of water getting in and ruining the internals

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I've seen a video of someone showering with it on. I wouldn't do it still. I tested this with a Samsung S5 & ruined it by diving in the pool with it. Let's just say, I had to replace my fianc?es phone.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I won't shower with my watch on. Besides the risk of damage I really don't have the need the shower with it. I don't see myself trying to catch up on email while scrubbing down! If I get to the point where I feel the need to shower with this device I think I'll need to reevaluate my life.

I know some folks just leave their watch on all time, which is fine, but it's not for me. I'll take it off before I jump in the shower.

I'm sure mine will it's fair share of water from washing my hands, rain etc.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Honestly. I don't understand people that sleep or shower with a watch on. Let your skin breath a little. And let the watch stay away from your sweat a little. Even tho as soon as I get home I take my watch off. I still have to clean underneath the watch once a month. I can't imagine the people that wear the watch 24/7. It's disgusting.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Honestly. I don't understand people that sleep or shower with a watch on. Let your skin breath a little. And let the watch stay away from your sweat a little. Even tho as soon as I get home I take my watch off. I still have to clean underneath the watch once a month. I can't imagine the people that wear the watch 24/7. It's disgusting.

Some of us wear fitness watches, like my Fitbit Surge. I can promise you, my hygiene & my watch's condition are superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wife just took a shower with hers and had a full business phone call while in there, it was pretty funny...and apparently the people on the other end had no idea (there were no audible indications that water was hitting the device while she was using it).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711