Showering with watch on?

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Some of us wear fitness watches, like my Fitbit Surge. I can promise you, my hygiene & my watch's condition are superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure some people's hygiene are good. But we all know there are some out there that are careless. I got couple of co-workers that only shower twice a week. Maybe 3 during summer time. Smh

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
No, wouldn't wear one in the shower, but I think there's no technical reason not to. Tests have shown that it works fine after an extended dousing. I just prefer to get clean, and having a metal band on my wrist gets in the way.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have several watches that are "water resistant", and yet, I do not wear them in the shower. Neither will I wear my Watch Sport in the shower. It's just not what I do.

fezza17

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
My now "formal" watch (pre apple watch was my everyday one) is waterproof, but has a white leather band. So I'm used to the whole not wearing a watch in the shower thing. Even though I have AppleCare +, don't want to risk it...

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Already such a change for me. I wore a pebble watch for about 1.5 years. I wore it while I slept and in the shower. I now miss both knowing the time and any emails, calls or notifications. Might wear a gen 2 apple watch in the shower but not this one.

anon(4144202)

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I wear mine in the shower. I'm use to wearing a g shock watch for the last few years since I'm always working on something at the house when I'm off. So when I clean myself off I can clean my watch off. Same goes for my apple watch. That's why I bought apple care for my watch. So I can rest easy when me and the watch are doing dirty work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I will avoid it. Seeing the videos of it sitting in a 1.5m deep pool for 15 minutes, give me more confidence. But they also only checked the operation of the watch quickly - who knows if over time, the watch seeps into the S1 SOC, and causes other issues. I am happy to know incidental run ins with water will not ruin it, so if I'm out in the rain, then meh, whatever. No way I'm wearing it to swim or in the ocean, either. I don't want that tan line on my arm either. :)

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Stopped wearing watches in 8th grade when Fossil went out of style. Picked up a fitbit to track my runs and I showered with it. "Upgraded" to the Nike Fuelband, showered with it every now and then.

Now that I have the Apple Watch there's no chance I'll shower with it this time around. I won't risk accidental water damage that may not be covered by Apple Care.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I showered with it last night. No issues here. It was a one-off, but I figured I'd give it a shot, since the warranty covers condensation and whatnot

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have worn a fitbit flex day and night for a year. I never slept with or showered with a watch, just the flex. I believe I will return to not sleeping with or showering with the apple watch. It arrives today!

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Don't have any reason to shower with it. If I did, I would! :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm in the habit of taking my watch off the minute I get home. Or, if I'm running, taking off my Fitbit. So I don't think it's going to be an issue.

Terb

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear they hold up in the shower. Gonna keep removing my watch & glasses before showering

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

beingbenjamin

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Practically speaking, it seems I will be taking it off at night to charge. My morning routine, I get up and head straight to the shower, so I won't be putting it on right away. No worries.

dlopes6

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the stainless steal with the black sports band and I've showered with it every single day and it still works perfectly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen