Post battery life here.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I know it's pretty early but we should have some folks in Australia coming up on 24 hours with their watch.

How is the battery holding up?

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
honestly i am very happy with it so far mine arrived about 11:00am and between taking some calls setting it up and checking it every 5 minutes (i am at work so i have not played too much) it is currently 4:53pm and i am now at 54% the watch was at 80% when it arrived and i did not fully charge it so i am very confident i will make it through a whole day. (my work day is 5am off the charger and i am home at 6pm) and i think it would last me easily until 10pm but we shall see.

My iphone battery has taken a big hit though i never used to leave bluetooth on on my 6 plus and normally right now i would have about 92% battery i am at 77% which is still plenty. I was debating selling the plus for a 6 again but between the convenience of the watch and battery life i think i will stick with the plus.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Unboxed mine at 9:30 this morning and the battery showed 90%. I've been playing with it quite a bit. Now it's 6:30 pm and the battery is at 54%.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
honestly i am very happy with it so far mine arrived about 11:00am and between taking some calls setting it up and checking it every 5 minutes (i am at work so i have not played too much) it is currently 4:53pm and i am now at 54% the watch was at 80% when it arrived and i did not fully charge it so i am very confident i will make it through a whole day. (my work day is 5am off the charger and i am home at 6pm) and i think it would last me easily until 10pm but we shall see.

My iphone battery has taken a big hit though i never used to leave bluetooth on on my 6 plus and normally right now i would have about 92% battery i am at 77% which is still plenty. I was debating selling the plus for a 6 again but between the convenience of the watch and battery life i think i will stick with the plus.

that sounds promising. in regards to the iphone, id assume it would drain quicker. I am use to keeping bluetooth on as i wear a pebble and a jawbone up so im not sure i will notice more drain on my 6 plus.. oh ya, do not get a 6 over your plus. i did that and switched back just because of battery life

ajarnfalang

Banned
Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Like any new apple device, it'll be great now that it is new. Wait a year and see. It'll probably be screaming for a charger midday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
so far i have spent 2 full days with the watch and a half day on friday today will be my first full workday but i am able to get through a whole day on a single charge which is fine with me since i charge my phone every night. Today the watch came off the charger at 6 am it is currently 11:45am and i am sitting at 90% i leave work at 5 and will be going home i will report in tonight or tomorrow what my watch is at when i go to bed tonight around 11pm.

voodoogmr

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm pleased with the battery life. Fully charged both my iPhone 6 Plus and the Watch overnight on Saturday. Starting at 7:30 a.m. Sunday, used the Workout app to track a 7-mile hike, checked notifications, e-mail, sent messages, etc. throughout the day and evening. Battery was at 48% at 10:00 p.m.

Battery drain on my phone is certainly noticeable. I always use Bluetooth for AirDrop and a Fitbit. On a normal day, battery is around 75% when I go to bed. Yesterday, it was around 55%. Still perfectly acceptable, but it did take a hit. These percentages are a little off since I normally get an extra charge from my car stereo during the week. Didn't do that on the weekend.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Pleasantly surprised so far. Been off charger since 6:30am this morning (7.5 hours now), and ran 4 miles with it (and the Endomondo app) with lots of emails & text messages, plus still playing with it, and it's at 65% now. I expected the exercise apps to eat more battery.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't have my watch yet. But seeing all these good results makes me feel good about the battery.
If people are getting good results and is only been a few days... This is awesome because people tend to play with their new gadget much more in the beginning, but still getting good battery life? This is awesome!

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
15 hours in and about to plug in for the night. Down to 25% right now after pretty heavy use. 4 mile run with Endomondo, lots of emails & texts with some Siri use and loaded and unloaded some apps, and lots of "playing" with the Watch. It's at least on par with the Microsoft Band which I've had since October. Pretty happy with the battery life.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
OK it is now 11:00pm I am at 54% with moderate usage texting phone calls notifications it was removed from the charger at 6:00am so I am very happy with the battery life

Posted via the iMore App for Android

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds good can't wait to get mine. As long as I can get though the work day with mine it'll be great. That's mainly the reason I want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods