BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Can't switch from my Camel Instinction band. ❤️

0e567ab7896476605229afdf8a35a251.jpg

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, recently I was talking about my AW's rear sensor panel being loose and thus unable to detect wrist, heart rate, etc. I brought down to a local Apple premium service provider to have it sent in and even called/e-mailed Apple about this issue saying it's a known problem.

A day after I sent in, got a call from Apple telling me that the technical people have assessed my watch and clarified that it's a functional failure and not a known issue too, hence rejected replacement and considered an out-of-warranty replacement with the price quoted by the service centre. Disappointed, I decided not to have it replaced.

Yesterday I got an SMS telling me to go down collect back my AW and to my surprise, they replaced my AW instead!! I was told it was replaced by some Apple Quality program or something like that and I'm really back in business now!

So yeah, just to show my new AW. :D

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, recently I was talking about my AW's rear sensor panel being loose and thus unable to detect wrist, heart rate, etc. I brought down to a local Apple premium service provider to have it sent in and even called/e-mailed Apple about this issue saying it's a known problem.

A day after I sent in, got a call from Apple telling me that the technical people have assessed my watch and clarified that it's a functional failure and not a known issue too, hence rejected replacement and considered an out-of-warranty replacement with the price quoted by the service centre. Disappointed, I decided not to have it replaced.

Yesterday I got an SMS telling me to go down collect back my AW and to my surprise, they replaced my AW instead!! I was told it was replaced by some Apple Quality program or something like that and I'm really back in business now!

[url]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w185/Snoweagle80/IMG_4948_zps7iq2ejat.jpg[/URL]

That's good news, they did the right thing! It's definitely a known issue -- I've seen too many of them for it to NOT be. Not saying it happens to them all (I'm going on 10 months with mine and no issues so far) but it does happen.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

[url]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w185/Snoweagle80/IMG_4948_zps7iq2ejat.jpg[/URL]

That's awesome !!glad to hear it all ended well for you. Enjoy your "new" watch

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
That's good news, they did the right thing! It's definitely a known issue -- I've seen too many of them for it to NOT be. Not saying it happens to them all (I'm going on 10 months with mine and no issues so far) but it does happen.

Yes and I'm honestly taken aback at them actually replacing my AW, when I was preparing to take back my broken one. I was given 90 days warranty so hopefully all ends well.