Did you wait in line to get a watch? How was the experience?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So I know for most you won't have this option, but did anyone wait in line for an apple watch today? If so how was the experience?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe any apple stores had any to sell

Actually a couple main stores in MAJOR cities had them, interestingly NOT the NYC store, the only US location was LA, but places like London & Milan for example had them.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Actually a couple main stores in MAJOR cities had them, interestingly NOT the NYC store, the only US location was LA, but places like London & Milan for example had them.

Wonder how they decided which stores would get them on launch? London and Milan make sense since they are big into fashion, but would be interesting to know how they selected the other cities/stores to launch today.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Wonder how they decided which stores would get them on launch? London and Milan make sense since they are big into fashion, but would be interesting to know how they selected the other cities/stores to launch today.

Yea I'm just going on what the lady from Apple told me on the phone when I called to book my try on. I said I won't be able to buy one in the store right, and then she said certain cities would have them, and she mentioned London and Milan, so I said "New York?" (I can drive there) And then she said the only US city was Los Angeles.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I'm just going on what the lady from Apple told me on the phone when I called to book my try on. I said I won't be able to buy one in the store right, and then she said certain cities would have them, and she mentioned London and Milan, so I said "New York?" (I can drive there) And then she said the only US city was Los Angeles.

Yeah interesting they only selected one US city. Maybe supplies really are that limited.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
The store in LA, Maxfield, had people lining up since yesterday!

One of the people who got one said they didn't have any editions, just sports & the standard ones.

There were no reservation, just first come, first serve, but the line was long!!!!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The store in LA, Maxfield, had people lining up since yesterday!

One of the people who got one said they didn't have any editions, just sports & the standard ones.

There were no reservation, just first come, first serve, but the line was long!!!!

I can imagine the line being huge, being that it was the only store in the US that had them today.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hundreds of people, but it seems like they had (have) a lot of inventory. Especially the sports model.

It would make sense for them to have a good amount of inventory, being the only store in the US carrying them today. Hopefully most who wanted to get one there were able to get one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW