Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,620 Global Posts

Default Can a BlackBerry guy take a bite of the Apple Watch?

Folks,

Can I really be considering getting an Apple Watch? I have been following this thing for so long and lately writing so much about it, that the apple bug has bitten me! Yes I am considering actually getting the Apple Watch! We have a couple of hurdles of course not the least of which is I DON'T have an iPhone! (Could a Note 4 for iPhone 6 or 6+ trade be in my future?)

Anyways I am taking the first step and today I have scheduled a 12:15 try on appointment. I will report back and let you guys know how it went.
    Banned

Global Posts
    6,195 Global Posts

Default Re: Can a BlackBerry guy take a bite of the Apple Watch?

C'mon in, the water's fine! But be advised, iPhone does not have a "blinky LED". #friendlywarning #bwahaha #somebodyhadtosayit
    Just_Me_D, pkcable and kch50428 like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,647 Global Posts

Looking forward to seeing how your story turns out. And to see if you chose an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. . . . See what I did there?
    pkcable likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    C'mon in, the water's fine! But be advised, iPhone does not have a "blinky LED". #friendlywarning #bwahaha #somebodyhadtosayit
    Actually I would still be keeping my BlackBerry Passport. BUT the Note 4, and if I make the trade, then the iPhone WOULD be on my primary line.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    890 Global Posts

Of course you can. I used to be a big blackberry fan. Then went to android (only because they had no iPhone on Verizon)
    You will love it. I promise!!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,360 Global Posts

do it do it do it, peer pressure at it's finest lol. I'm really interested to see what you think after your try on appointment. Mine confirmed a lot of things for me but I was already planning on getting one.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,944 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Actually I would still be keeping my BlackBerry Passport. BUT the Note 4, and if I make the trade, then the iPhone WOULD be on my primary line.
    I hate watches a lot. But if I was told I had to own a Passport over an iPhone/Watch combo, I'd cave into the watch.

I personally wouldn't switch platforms for a peripheral. Your Blackberry will be useless if you plan on using the watch everyday. Who wants to carry around two phones?
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingKayfabe View Post
    I hate watches a lot. But if I was told I had to own a Passport over an iPhone/Watch combo, I'd cave into the watch.

I personally wouldn't switch platforms for a peripheral. Your Blackberry will be useless if you plan on using the watch everyday. Who wants to carry around two phones?
    I didn't say I wasn't nuts. And I already carry 2 phones, a Note 4 and a BlackBerry Passport, prior to that it was a OnePlus One and a Z30. I have had 2 phones for quite a while since I got my Dev Alpha, at which point it was 2 BlackBerries. (I have legacy plans that are very affordable)
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Question is, if you go for the watch, do you have to go for the Space Black with Links?

(Also, if you want a watch that works with the Passport, the Pebble Time Steel should do the trick, if Talk2Watch is kept current. I may use a Pebble Time with my work phone...)

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Folks,

Can I really be considering getting an Apple Watch? I have been following this thing for so long and lately writing so much about it, that the apple bug has bitten me! Yes I am considering actually getting the Apple Watch! We have a couple of hurdles of course not the least of which is I DON'T have an iPhone! (Could a Note 4 for iPhone 6 or 6+ trade be in my future?)

Anyways I am taking the first step and today I have scheduled a 12:15 try on appointment. I will report back and let you guys know how it went.
    Like Nike says, "just do it"

Folks,

Common over, ain't gonna hurt to try.
    FFR
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,640 Global Posts

Careful, you might enjoy iOS a little too much.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,620 Global Posts

Ok just got back from my try on! It went GREAT! I think I am going to do it. I already know the iOS system from my long time use of iPads (having an iPad Air currently) and having owned many ipod touch devices in the past. Anyways I guess you want the pictures?

First I saw some high end watches before I got to the store to wet my appetite....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150424_120751.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	80579

Then I got to the store and saw they had a nice new window graphic....

Name:	IMG_20150424_120854.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	80580

Ok here it is the watch on my wrist!!!!!!!!.....

Name:	IMG_20150424_121334.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	80581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150424_121619.jpg 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	80582

Here's the tray I got to pick from.....

Name:	IMG_20150424_121650.jpg 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	80583

And of course I have to get an iPhone to use with it, so here's me holding an iPhone 6 Plus!.......

Name:	IMG_20150424_121927.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	80584
    Michelle Haag and dianahk like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,301 Global Posts

I was a long time blackberry user that made the switch 4 years ago. I now have 2 apple tv's, a macbook pro, iPad, iPhone, time capsule, and a watch. Weird looking back at how good the Bite felt. Love how all the products work with each other.

good luck man.
    impaler likes this.
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cody View Post
    I was a long time blackberry user that made the switch 4 years ago. I now have 2 apple tv's, a macbook pro, iPad, iPhone, time capsule, and a watch. Weird looking back at how good the Bite felt. Love how all the products work with each other.

good luck man.
    Believe it or not I already have an Apple TV, MBP, and iPad. But I'm pretty platform agnostic. I have or have had many MANY BB, Android and Windows devices over the last 5 or 6 years. The MBP is also supported by an HP tablet/laptop combo windows 8 device, plus I currently carry 2 phones a BB and a Android, which I have done for the last 2 years, models varied, but Passport and Note 4 currently. I like to try different things. I guess it's about time I give carrying an iphone a try, BUT I refuse to put it in my back pocket!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Ok just got back from my try on! It went GREAT! I think I am going to do it. I already know the iOS system from my long time use of iPads (having an iPad Air currently) and having owned many ipod touch devices in the past. Anyways I guess you want the pictures?

First I saw some high end watches before I got to the store to wet my appetite....

Name:	IMG_20150424_120751.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.97 MB 
ID:	80579

Then I got to the store and saw they had a nice new window graphic....

Name:	IMG_20150424_120854.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	80580

Ok here it is the watch on my wrist!!!!!!!!.....

Name:	IMG_20150424_121334.jpg 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	80581Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150424_121619.jpg 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	80582

Here's the tray I got to pick from.....

Name:	IMG_20150424_121650.jpg 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	80583

And of course I have to get an iPhone to use with it, so here's me holding an iPhone 6 Plus!.......

Name:	IMG_20150424_121927.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	80584
    Go big or go home. get them all lol.

Folks,

A good deal of us are former Blackberry users, and I've made it perfectly clear that I was a REAL Blackberry "fanboy" back in the day. Having said that, I've come to appreciate the numerous products and services offered by Apple and I have no problems recommending the iPhone, iPad, MacBook, iCloud or the Watch to anyone who may be considering making the switch.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me_D View Post
    A good deal of us are former Blackberry users, and I've made it perfectly clear that I was a REAL Blackberry "fanboy" back in the day. Having said that, I've come to appreciate the numerous products and services offered by Apple and I have no problems recommending the iPhone, iPad, MacBook, iCloud or the Watch to anyone who may be considering making the switch.
    Ah the good old blackberry days. Remember the curve, tour and storm before I went android and then IOS
    Just_Me_D and LVMHgirl like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Believe it or not I already have an Apple TV, MBP, and iPad. But I'm pretty platform agnostic. I have or have had many MANY BB, Android and Windows devices over the last 5 or 6 years. The MBP is also supported by an HP tablet/laptop combo windows 8 device, plus I currently carry 2 phones a BB and a Android, which I have done for the last 2 years, models varied, but Passport and Note 4 currently. I like to try different things. I guess it's about time I give carrying an iphone a try, BUT I refuse to put it in my back pocket!
    If nothing else try an iPhone and keep your passport, to use both and stay happy
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    2,061 Global Posts

I didn't say I wasn't nuts. And I already carry 2 phones, a Note 4 and a BlackBerry Passport, prior to that it was a OnePlus One and a Z30. I have had 2 phones for quite a while since I got my Dev Alpha, at which point it was 2 BlackBerries. (I have legacy plans that are very affordable)

you're a machine.. go for it, rock the passport with the iphone and watch
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    Q&A Jedi

Global Posts
    39,620 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    If nothing else try an iPhone and keep your passport, to use both and stay happy
    Yes that is the plan!
    Banned

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

I used to be very anti apple. I had blackberry's and android phones galore I get a new phone every year and sometimes trade out and end up having two phones a year. I can honestly say that I'm very happy with my 6+. More so than any phone I've ever had. I might actually keep this one until my upgrade date 😱 my wife will be ecstatic if that happens.
    Dougie011 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

I'm on my 2nd iPhone, 5s and now a 6, I like them but I still miss my Blackberry phones. I went to the iPhone because of business and that was the only reason.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by k1ward View Post
    I'm on my 2nd iPhone, 5s and now a 6, I like them but I still miss my Blackberry phones. I went to the iPhone because of business and that was the only reason.
    What do you miss about Blackberry? I used to use Blackberry, but I can't say I miss anything.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,833 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BreakingKayfabe View Post
    Who wants to carry around two phones?
    I know! My purse would be too light without at least four more.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast