Can a BlackBerry guy take a bite of the Apple Watch?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Can I really be considering getting an Apple Watch? I have been following this thing for so long and lately writing so much about it, that the apple bug has bitten me! Yes I am considering actually getting the Apple Watch! We have a couple of hurdles of course not the least of which is I DON'T have an iPhone! (Could a Note 4 for iPhone 6 or 6+ trade be in my future?)

Anyways I am taking the first step and today I have scheduled a 12:15 try on appointment. I will report back and let you guys know how it went. :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
C'mon in, the water's fine! But be advised, iPhone does not have a "blinky LED". #friendlywarning #bwahaha #somebodyhadtosayit

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Looking forward to seeing how your story turns out. And to see if you chose an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. . . . See what I did there? :biggrin:

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
C'mon in, the water's fine! But be advised, iPhone does not have a "blinky LED". #friendlywarning #bwahaha #somebodyhadtosayit

Actually I would still be keeping my BlackBerry Passport. ;) BUT the Note 4, and if I make the trade, then the iPhone WOULD be on my primary line. ;)

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Of course you can. I used to be a big blackberry fan. Then went to android (only because they had no iPhone on Verizon)
You will love it. I promise!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
do it do it do it, peer pressure at it's finest lol. I'm really interested to see what you think after your try on appointment. Mine confirmed a lot of things for me but I was already planning on getting one.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Actually I would still be keeping my BlackBerry Passport. ;) BUT the Note 4, and if I make the trade, then the iPhone WOULD be on my primary line. ;)

I hate watches a lot. But if I was told I had to own a Passport over an iPhone/Watch combo, I'd cave into the watch.

I personally wouldn't switch platforms for a peripheral. Your Blackberry will be useless if you plan on using the watch everyday. Who wants to carry around two phones?

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I hate watches a lot. But if I was told I had to own a Passport over an iPhone/Watch combo, I'd cave into the watch.

I personally wouldn't switch platforms for a peripheral. Your Blackberry will be useless if you plan on using the watch everyday. Who wants to carry around two phones?

I didn't say I wasn't nuts. ;) And I already carry 2 phones, a Note 4 and a BlackBerry Passport, prior to that it was a OnePlus One and a Z30. I have had 2 phones for quite a while since I got my Dev Alpha, at which point it was 2 BlackBerries. ;) (I have legacy plans that are very affordable)

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Question is, if you go for the watch, do you have to go for the Space Black with Links?

(Also, if you want a watch that works with the Passport, the Pebble Time Steel should do the trick, if Talk2Watch is kept current. I may use a Pebble Time with my work phone...)

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Folks,

Can I really be considering getting an Apple Watch? I have been following this thing for so long and lately writing so much about it, that the apple bug has bitten me! Yes I am considering actually getting the Apple Watch! We have a couple of hurdles of course not the least of which is I DON'T have an iPhone! (Could a Note 4 for iPhone 6 or 6+ trade be in my future?)

Anyways I am taking the first step and today I have scheduled a 12:15 try on appointment. I will report back and let you guys know how it went. :)

Like Nike says, "just do it"

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Folks,

Common over, ain't gonna hurt to try.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok just got back from my try on! It went GREAT! I think I am going to do it. I already know the iOS system from my long time use of iPads (having an iPad Air currently) and having owned many ipod touch devices in the past. Anyways I guess you want the pictures?

First I saw some high end watches before I got to the store to wet my appetite....

IMG_20150424_120751.jpg

Then I got to the store and saw they had a nice new window graphic....

IMG_20150424_120854.jpg

Ok here it is the watch on my wrist!!!!!!!!.....

IMG_20150424_121334.jpgIMG_20150424_121619.jpg

Here's the tray I got to pick from.....

IMG_20150424_121650.jpg

And of course I have to get an iPhone to use with it, so here's me holding an iPhone 6 Plus!.......

IMG_20150424_121927.jpg

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
I was a long time blackberry user that made the switch 4 years ago. I now have 2 apple tv's, a macbook pro, iPad, iPhone, time capsule, and a watch. Weird looking back at how good the Bite felt. Love how all the products work with each other.

good luck man.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I was a long time blackberry user that made the switch 4 years ago. I now have 2 apple tv's, a macbook pro, iPad, iPhone, time capsule, and a watch. Weird looking back at how good the Bite felt. Love how all the products work with each other.

good luck man.

Believe it or not I already have an Apple TV, MBP, and iPad. ;) But I'm pretty platform agnostic. I have or have had many MANY BB, Android and Windows devices over the last 5 or 6 years. The MBP is also supported by an HP tablet/laptop combo windows 8 device, plus I currently carry 2 phones a BB and a Android, which I have done for the last 2 years, models varied, but Passport and Note 4 currently. I like to try different things. I guess it's about time I give carrying an iphone a try, BUT I refuse to put it in my back pocket!

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok just got back from my try on! It went GREAT! I think I am going to do it. I already know the iOS system from my long time use of iPads (having an iPad Air currently) and having owned many ipod touch devices in the past. Anyways I guess you want the pictures?

First I saw some high end watches before I got to the store to wet my appetite....

View attachment 80579

Then I got to the store and saw they had a nice new window graphic....

View attachment 80580

Ok here it is the watch on my wrist!!!!!!!!.....

View attachment 80581View attachment 80582

Here's the tray I got to pick from.....

View attachment 80583

And of course I have to get an iPhone to use with it, so here's me holding an iPhone 6 Plus!.......

View attachment 80584

Go big or go home. get them all lol.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Folks,

A good deal of us are former Blackberry users, and I've made it perfectly clear that I was a REAL Blackberry "fanboy" back in the day. Having said that, I've come to appreciate the numerous products and services offered by Apple and I have no problems recommending the iPhone, iPad, MacBook, iCloud or the Watch to anyone who may be considering making the switch.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
A good deal of us are former Blackberry users, and I've made it perfectly clear that I was a REAL Blackberry "fanboy" back in the day. Having said that, I've come to appreciate the numerous products and services offered by Apple and I have no problems recommending the iPhone, iPad, MacBook, iCloud or the Watch to anyone who may be considering making the switch.

Ah the good old blackberry days. Remember the curve, tour and storm before I went android and then IOS

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not I already have an Apple TV, MBP, and iPad. ;) But I'm pretty platform agnostic. I have or have had many MANY BB, Android and Windows devices over the last 5 or 6 years. The MBP is also supported by an HP tablet/laptop combo windows 8 device, plus I currently carry 2 phones a BB and a Android, which I have done for the last 2 years, models varied, but Passport and Note 4 currently. I like to try different things. I guess it's about time I give carrying an iphone a try, BUT I refuse to put it in my back pocket!

If nothing else try an iPhone and keep your passport, to use both and stay happy

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't say I wasn't nuts. ;) And I already carry 2 phones, a Note 4 and a BlackBerry Passport, prior to that it was a OnePlus One and a Z30. I have had 2 phones for quite a while since I got my Dev Alpha, at which point it was 2 BlackBerries. ;) (I have legacy plans that are very affordable)

you're a machine.. go for it, rock the passport with the iphone and watch

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR