Anyone feel the tap/vibration on your wrist may get annoying?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So for those who may get a lot of notifications, anyone think the constant vibration on your wrist may get annoying or distracting?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I fear the opposite... sensing the tap when the watch is on the charger... like feeling phantom phone vibrations from a phone in a pocket when it's really on the desk...

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I fear the opposite... sensing the tap when the watch is on the charger... like feeling phantom phone vibrations from a phone in a pocket when it's really on the desk...

Those are the worst. I have those happen all the time. Sometimes when my phone is in my pocket and I think it is vibrating when its just playing tricks with my mind lol

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the vibration is more noticeable than in my front pocket. My thought is that the wrist is a more sensitive area, so hopefully I won't miss vibrations like I do in my pocket or when my phone is on my desk at work.

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I'll get annoyed with the vibrations. I have that feature now with my MS Band and I find it useful. However, I don't get notifications every 5 minutes. More like 1 or 2 an hour. I've turned off e-mail notifications and that helps a bunch. I'm looking forward to the better integration between my Watch and my iPhone.

Those are the worst. I have those happen all the time. Sometimes when my phone is in my pocket and I think it is vibrating when its just playing tricks with my mind lol

Same here. I tend to keep my phone in my shirt pocket and sometimes feel phantom vibrations. It's quite eerie.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I'll get annoyed with the vibrations. I have that feature now with my MS Band and I find it useful. However, I don't get notifications every 5 minutes. More like 1 or 2 an hour. I've turned off e-mail notifications and that helps a bunch. I'm looking forward to the better integration between my Watch and my iPhone.

Same here. I tend to keep my phone in my shirt pocket and sometimes feel phantom vibrations. It's quite eerie.

Agree emails can get annoying with the constant notifications if you had it enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the vibration is more noticeable than in my front pocket. My thought is that the wrist is a more sensitive area, so hopefully I won't miss vibrations like I do in my pocket or when my phone is on my desk at work.

I always miss the vibrations in pocket. The iPhone isn't very strong.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

scwleung

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
The one thing I learned from wearing the Pebble for the last year is that having greater control over what notifications are received is critical to smartwatch success. That's the big reason I'm moving on to the Apple Watch.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

To fix that I turned off vibrations entirely. Took a week for it to go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I like the notifications. I have the Pebble, and I like it. I expect to like the Apple Watch even more.

But you have to be merciless in paring back what you allow to send you notifications. Utterly merciless.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73