Redirect shipment to local UPS Store for pickup - UPS My Choice

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone changed their delivery to "local ups store" pickup, or something similar? No one will be home Friday, so I was considering it.

I noticed on the UPS My Choice app I had those options.

Thanks, Cody

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If you can make it to the UPS store before they close, that's a good option to try. I've been thinking of the same, assuming that UPS will be the delivering company. Have a store about a mile from home.

Last edited:

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I do it all the time since the local pick up location is 1 minute from my office. I usually leave at my morning break to get my package versus waiting to get home.

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
for years i use to "intercept" my packages at the UPS distribution center here in Kansas city. the open at 8 or 8:30 and i would be one of the first people there waiting. they would pull my package off the trucks for me. i would get my stuff hours before anyone else.

one year, i was the first on crackberry to post pics of the curve. it was fun.

this time, its not about being first. i just don't want it returned back to the ups store because no one was home. i know i can download and fill out the paper work from apple to leave on porch, but my luck, i wouldn't get it until monday.

mis204

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just called UPS to have my watch held at a local location too. They deliver to my area usually after 7pm, and I did not want to have to spend my Friday night waiting home for it to show up.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
In some cases this option is not available, it depends on the shipper. Verizon Wireless for example requires a delivery attempt before they will allow UPS to hold a package for pickup.

randy mullis

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I just redirected to UPS figured i can go pick it up before work. I work air traffic Control and the UPS planes land around 7am here and i dont have to go into work until 2pm. Much better than waiting to get off to have my watch.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I drive for a freight company, and I do the same route everyday, so I went to UPS real quick, because they are less than a mile from my terminal, and had them hold it for me, for tomorrow. My manager thinks it's a bad idea, because I'll want to play with the watch all day.

anon(4708383)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This is what I was thinking about doing. When does the watch get to the location of your choice? Are you able to pick it up as soon as the place opens?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
This is what I was thinking about doing. When does the watch get to the location of your choice? Are you able to pick it up as soon as the place opens?
Not sure about the "UPS Store" thing... I once had a phone held at the local UPS depot where the delivery trucks load - and I picked it up just after their doors opened...

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site

Not sure when it gets there, but he said if I want I can come at 0830, and he will have it for me.

duke1231

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh boy. I thought about too, but the thought of going through the weekend without the joy of testing out my new watch made me change my delivery to pickup. Plus the wife is going on a girls weekend, so, I'll have the whole weekend to myself😜

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711