Watch try on thoughts

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm walking out now after trying on the watch I preordered along with different bands. First off I'm very happy with the black 42mm sport I preordered. It looks super nice and any second thoughts I had about the band are gone. The rubber band feels super silky smooth. Also I tried on a leather loop with the black sport expecting to hate it but it actually felt really nice and secure and I will probably end up getting the black leather. Went in expecting to want the navy but it just didn't look quite right.

Haptic feed back. I tried the demo and thought the haptic feed back could have been a touch stronger but over all felt okay. Might be something I end up turning off if I can't make it stronger than what the demo was set at. I don't think that I would really notice it much unless I wasn't busy at all. There was a setting for it in the functional unit on the wall but I couldn't make changes to it to find out the difference.

The screen was very nice but very shiny. Tons of fingerprints and I'm guessing there's going to be some glare out in direct sunlight but we will see when it delivers.

The crown felt very nice. No bad feelings about it but I do wish that it was a hair bigger. I was having a hard time gripping it with my fingers but I suppose I'll get used to it over time. I have trouble with a regular watch too but it's not a main function for every day navigation. Over all really smooth and responsive.

The operating system was very smooth and stutter free on the unit that I tried and I would be happy if my watch ends up being as stutter free.

Band sizes. They seemed to vary a bit between the different types. The medium fit my wrist okay but I couldn't get my hand through it with out separating the two pieces on the leather loop. The large I had to tighten up all the way to the end almost. I'll end up using a medium/large sport band there's no way a small would fit on this wrist.

Overall I feel that the watch was pretty awesome and I'm excited to get my order in and wear it every day. I do not feel at all that I'm going to be on it all the time like my phone but hey it's a watch. However the main function I'll enjoy is a quick glance at the weather and notifications when I want. I'm not expecting this to replace things I use my phone for at all but I feel that the functionality it does provide will be proficient enough for what I need it for. It will pair nicely with my phone and will fill a nice gap for me when my hands are dirty at work and don't want to reach in my pocket for my phone. I'll rate it a 9/10 overall. It actually exceeded my expectations walking in. I just wish I could have had more of a hands on with the heart rate sensor. The bands on the demo unit blocked it off so I didn't get to test it.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Very nice.
But about the crown. It wasn't meant to be used with your fingers. It is meant to be used with one finger. Makes it much easier to use.

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I just have thick leathery finger pads from work so with all the calluses I was having a hard time getting it to spin. Found it easier to sort of pinch it and spin.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73