Will Watch ever have more than 8gb

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The first iPhone had 8GB. The Watch has 8GB of onboard memory. Although right now we can't get access to it all. In time as apps become more independent of the iPhone. Will the iPhone have more than 8GB?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think since it is meant to piggyback off of the iPhone no. Now that being said, maybe in the future if they go more of a standalone product route with the watch then yes.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
My thought is with the small size of the Watch probably not. Then I think about the tiny motherboard in the new MacBook and miniaturization gets better and better. If it were me though I would want that space going to batteries and with 18 hours battery life for now I think Apple would prioritize battery over more storage. I just don't know if a watch would ever need more. Then I think about the famous quote "Who would ever need more than 640Kb".

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think since it is meant to piggyback off of the iPhone no. Now that being said, maybe in the future if they go more of a standalone product route with the watch then yes.

I think for now Apple as well as users would rather battery life. The race will be how long until the watch is more independent of the phone.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think for now Apple as well as users would rather battery life. The race will be how long until the watch is more independent of the phone.

Totally agree. Battery life>> storage any day for the watch. I don't plan on loading the watch with music and that anyway that would take up a ton of space.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I believe when they allow third-party applications to run natively on the watch, they will increase the storage capacity.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I can see in time it growing into something more than what it is now. Look at the iPhone then and now it has become so much more. Just think what users would do with an Watch with 32GB of onboard storage. I can't even think about that right now because the watch is not out the gate yet. In time this might become clearer though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2