Did you decide NOT to buy the Apple Watch at this time? Why?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm just curious who (and how many) among us has decided not to buy the Apple Watch at this time. If so why?

I'll go first. I've been interested in smartwatches since the announcement of the Pebble Kickstarter campaign. I started following Pebble, then Samsung, Android Wear, then the Microsoft Band with a few third party attempts mixed in. I found them all interesting and super cool, but I though all lacked a convincing use case. (I did end up buying a Pebble, but really because I wanted a sleep tracker, and Pebble's price point was so low that it was competing against activity bands like fitbit, instead of competing against other smartwatcher.)

I feel like Apple has put together the most compelling smartwatch to date in the Apple Watch, but not without making compromises. It's those compromises that have me wanting to wait until the next generation. The main thing I'm worried about is the battery life. And not just having to charge it often, because I can deal with that. Rather it feels like the utility is being stifled to preserve battery life. Things like the lack of sleep tracking, 3rd part apps not being allowed to run directly on the watch, and even the way animations are handled seem like compromises that I'm concerned about affecting the user experience. So I've decided to wait and see. I want to see how the real life usage works out with this (1st generation) product and maybe buy later or maybe wait for the 2nd generation.

Anyway that's my story. What's yours?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73