Will the current onboard memory be a limit for you

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The Watch comes with 8GB of memory and some restrictions. The last I heard the limits are 2GB for music which works out to roughly 200-250 songs at 256Kbps quality and 75MB for photos. The photos will obviously take up less space than they do on the phone since it's formatted for the much smaller screen of the watch. The watch is also limited to only favorited photos cutting down on massive libraries even more.
250 songs is fine for me since my songs and playlist will continue to live on my iPhone. So as long as I can control the music playing through my phone I'm golden. I can't really think of most places I would go without my phone but if I'm at the gym or on a run 250 songs is way plenty for me. I don't plan on doing much if anything with my pictures on the watch so the limits there don't bother me either.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I doubt that the available space will be an issue for me. I still have over half the space available on my iPhone 6 and I have hundreds of photos and over 1000 music tracks on there.

For me, the Watch will be used merely as a conduit for accessing certain phone functions.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
The storage will not be an issue for me. My plan is to avoid attempting to do too much on the watch.

My mantra:

A watch is a watch and an iPhone is an iPhone.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The storage will not be an issue for me. My plan is to avoid attempting to do too much on the watch.

My mantra:

A watch is a watch and an iPhone is an iPhone.

GL with the endeavor somehow I think you will be pulled further down the rabbit hole lol

I doubt that the available space will be an issue for me. I still have over half the space available on my iPhone 6 and I have hundreds of photos and over 1000 music tracks on there.

For me, the Watch will be used merely as a conduit for accessing certain phone functions.

same here but I have a friend with a 4TB music library I kid you not. I am dying to see what he is going to say when he finds out lol

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
GL with the endeavor somehow I think you will be pulled further down the rabbit hole lol

same here but I have a friend with a 4TB music library I kid you not. I am dying to see what he is going to say when he finds out lol

I've got about 2Tb of music but I swap it out if I want a change. In all honesty, whilst my desktop has all the music I listen to at home, my phone has enough of a variation that I haven't swapped any music out in months.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
2TB! holy crap and I thought I was crazy with 30GBs lol but yeah also haven't switched up my playlist in a long time. I think this is why streaming music is becoming so popular now. The times have shifted from sitting at a computer putting together a playlist.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
2GB left would be plenty for me for music, and as for pics, no need to store them in a watch with a tiny screen. My concern though is needing enough space for added apps. Otherwise out of the box should be fine.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The thought is that most are going to be pretty light right now since the phone does the heavy lifting. In time when the apps start to become more independent of the iPhone that is probably when they will take advantage of the memory.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
With my intended use of the Watch, the amount of storage space/ RAM will be more than sufficient, in my opinion...;)

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't even intend to play music off the watch directly. I always have my phone on me and don't need another reason to burn more battery from the watch.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Same here usually have my phone with me all the time. I might leave the watch behind for short things when I have the watch like gym sessions where I don't want to lug my phone with me. So in those situations I would use the music on the watch but am I being slow how would I hear it? BT headphones only it doesn't have a headphone jack does it? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Same here usually have my phone with me all the time. I might leave the watch behind for short things when I have the watch like gym sessions where I don't want to lug my phone with me. So in those situations I would use the music on the watch but am I being slow how would I hear it? BT headphones only it doesn't have a headphone jack does it? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

No head phone jack. Need to pair it with a blue tooth headset, which is fine IMO.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Not at all, I plan to use basic functions for the watch & all my important stuff on my phone.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
same here and I think most people. In time I think that will change.

No head phone jack. Need to pair it with a blue tooth headset, which is fine IMO.
OK that's what I figured now I feel dumb thinking it had a headphone jack lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods