Is checking your Apple Watch any less rude than checking your phone?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Kicking around sand... a metaphor for talking a lot about something you've expressed to be interested in - but not wanting to get yet... sorry to be esoteric.

Oh. I thought you mean kicking sand, like being mean or inappropriate ... e.g. kicking sand in someone's face.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Man the natives are way defensive lately. I thought it was a good topic. Way to be inviting. Even from a mod! Smh. Face palm.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Kicking around sand... a metaphor for talking a lot about something you've expressed to be interested in - but not wanting to get yet... sorry to be esoteric.

Oh. I thought you mean kicking sand, like being mean or inappropriate ... e.g. kicking sand in someone's face.

There's a certain cognitive dissonance induced seeing you make post after post after post about the Watch and then say you're going to wait to get one until version 2... it's bemusing...

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
OP has created a ton of threads with questions about  Watch that many can't answer because no has it yet. The best answers are on Apple.com. Or review blogs that have the watch.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Trolling.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

LMAO at "trolling". Trolling is posting stuff, usually inflammatory, only to get a reaction from someone.

I have a genuine interest in the Apple Watch. I came here to ask questions and participate in discussion. Isn't that what the forums are for? (Also if I have a question or want to discuss a certain topic I generally assume I'm not the only one. If I was, the topic would just die anyway.)

Regardless, while participating in this forum and reading up on the Watch I've decided I'm not ready to make a purchase. Does that mean I should just go away? Am I not invited to discuss anymore?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
What do you think? Is checking your Apple Watch any less rude than checking your phone? Do you plan to use your Apple Watch during meals, conversations, meetings, etc? Or are the rules the same, and it's rude to check your Watch at certain times?

It depends on the situation. If like to think there's a Do Not Disturb option available to prevent notifications from disturbing you when necessary. Furthermore, if I'm out and about doing things alone, how can it be rude?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Here's my point.
One thread was how smooth is the heart rate sensor?
I'm saying who knows. No one has it yet. It's a valid question but no one has it after folks have used it for a few weeks ask then.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Man the natives are way defensive lately. I thought it was a good topic. Way to be inviting. Even from a mod! Smh. Face palm.

There's a certain cognitive dissonance induced seeing you make post after post after post about the Watch and then say you're going to wait to get one until version 2... it's bemusing...

Thank you Scatabrain.

I would understand someone feeling like I was trolling if I was just making low quality posts. But I put in effort to be thoughtful and spur discussion around topics that I'm genuinely interested in. I'm not sure why just because I say that I'm not buying now I'm being looked at with suspicion?

Points on the cognitive dissonance reference. You're definitely being esoteric. But it's cool. I'm enjoying it.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Here's my point.
One thread was how smooth is the heart rate sensor?
I'm saying who knows. No one has it yet. It's a valid question but no one has it after folks have used it for a few weeks ask then.

I thought someone who had a try-on appointment might be able to answer that question.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I thought someone who had a try-on appointment might be able to answer that question.

Try on is just that a try on. Most are not comfortable or use to its operation during a try on. In a few weeks there will be plenty of reviews posted here.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Try on is just that a try on. Most are not comfortable or use to its operation during a try on. In a few weeks there will be plenty of reviews posted here.

But from a try on you might know if the heart rate sensor was flush or recessed, right?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
LMAO at "trolling". Trolling is posting stuff, usually inflammatory, only to get a reaction from someone.

I have a genuine interest in the Apple Watch. I came here to ask questions and participate in discussion. Isn't that what the forums are for? (Also if I have a question or want to discuss a certain topic I generally assume I'm not the only one. If I was, the topic would just die anyway.)

Regardless, while participating in this forum and reading up on the Watch I've decided I'm not ready to make a purchase. Does that mean I should just go away? Am I not invited to discuss anymore?

No, you don't have to go away just because you're not purchasing an Apple Watch right now. I don't know of any rule that says you have to be buying something to talk about it. Especially for a product that is not even released yet.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
No, you don't have to go away just because you're not purchasing an Apple Watch right now. I don't know of any rule that says you have to be buying something to talk about it. Especially for a product that is not even released yet.

There are rules on the forum about being respectful to all in the forum.

I for one have enjoyed the plethora of watch topics, including yours, and appreciate your participation. Please don't let the grumpiness deter you. There are lots of great people here including the grumpies in this topic.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

They are making me less and less likely to start new threads asking honest questions because will flock and tell me how stupid I sound.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
There are rules on the forum about being respectful to all in the forum.

I for one have enjoyed the plethora of watch topics, including yours, and appreciate your participation. Please don't let the grumpiness deter you. There are lots of great people here including the grumpies in this topic.

Every thread I have seen jean15paul post has been well articulated and posing a good question or two that get people talking. Apparently the people here want this to be even more of a ghost town and just a circle jerk amongst a select few.

And to answer his question, personally I think it will be just as rude to check your watch as it is to check your phone. I am going to hate the day I am seeing 20 apple watches light up in a movie theater.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Apparently the people here want this to be even more of a ghost town and just a circle jerk amongst a select few.
You assume wrong... I simply think it's incongruous to be so almost overly interested in a product one has zero plans to buy until sometime in indefinite future. The zeal is quite puzzling.

Illustrator Joe

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
You assume wrong... I simply think it's incongruous to be so almost overly interested in a product one has zero plans to buy until sometime in indefinite future. The zeal is quite puzzling.

Well to this visitor that is how it has come off for some time now. But go ahead and tell me I am wrong. It is what you guys do best.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro