Applewatch pocket watch?

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I know several people who would find that watch too cool. Also, if you have a job where you can't wear a wristwatch, this could possibly be worth trying.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I thought the whole idea of the Watch was to not have to reach in a pocket for the iPhone. A pocket Watch defeats that purpose.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused.

The Watch is a wrist watch, part of the allure of which is the ease of getting and seeing notifications. By definition, a "pocket watch" goes in a pocket. What is the point of an PocketWatch, if you have to pull it out of your pocket in order to see/read/respond to notifications and alerts? At that point, why not just put your iPhone out of your pocket and see/action the alerts?

It just makes no sense at all.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I thought about this but with the sensors that need contact with your skin and the quickglance function I think this would defeat those. So this will be more of a niche thing.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I thought about this but with the sensors that need contact with your skin and the quickglance function I think this would defeat those. So this will be more of a niche thing.

Agree. Wasn't thinking about the sensors needing to be in contact with the skin.