Your Reaction: Apple decided to switch to an iOS homescreen/app layout

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a chance to see an Apple Watch in person at the Apple Store (the closest one is about 30/40 minutes away and isn't extremely convenient to get to).

For those who have tried an Apple Watch first hand, how do you like the cluster of apps design/navigation? Curious to see if that method of navigation is better that a more traditional iOS layout. Thoughts?!

tyler_barnhardt

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
For me, yes. It made a lot of sense. I found that 90% of the time I wanted to click on an app it responded to the app I wanted to load. I think that number will grow as I get used to the watch as well. It was very easy to go in and out of apps using the digital crown.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I found it didn't take long to get used to at all. Makes sense for the watch, not sure how well it work on an iPhone or iPad.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen it in person but I think it's a brilliant idea and I am sure other smartly watch makers are kicking themselves they didn't come up with that idea first.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
It is a great idea but if you have large fingers (and hands and wrists) like me, the misclick opportunities are far worse.

That's what I found on Friday when I had my appointment.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
It is a great idea but if you have large fingers (and hands and wrists) like me, the misclick opportunities are far worse.

That's what I found on Friday when I had my appointment.

Are you not able to use the digital crown to zoom in and make the app you want to click larger ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Are you not able to use the digital crown to zoom in and make the app you want to click larger ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, for sure but as someone used to touch screens, the crown takes some getting used to. Saying that, all my normal watches have one or more crowns. I guess I just need to adjust the way I interact with the watch.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What did they switch from? All I ever saw from day 1 was those apps.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2