Will the Apple Watch get thinner and lighter

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Everyone knows the iPhone and iPad get thinner and lighter every year. As the technology changes things are eliminated/sacrificed for the space and weight savings. The Apple Watch as a package is already small. Does anyone think over time it will get thinner and lighter?
I'm not someone who supports the thinner and lighter focus. At some point I think how much thinner or lighter can it get? Like with the iPhone 6/6+ I feel like it can get any thinner.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes to both.

Like you, I'm not a supporter of thinner is better, but . . . I think most people would want thinner and lighter--particularly on a watch.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I personally like big watches so I wouldn't mind if Apple keeps the same size but keeps adding new features or sensors to make it better, but I'm sure it'll get thinner down the road

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think it depends as technology gets smaller it's possible the watch gets thinner. But it's the fashion aspect to consider. They may also offer different sizes in the future. Also depending on the success of the first one they may open up the line.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes to both.

Like you, I'm not a supporter of thinner is better, but . . . I think most people would want thinner and lighter--particularly on a watch.

I personally like big watches so I wouldn't mind if Apple keeps the same size but keeps adding new features or sensors to make it better, but I'm sure it'll get thinner down the road

I think it depends as technology gets smaller it's possible the watch gets thinner. But it's the fashion aspect to consider. They may also offer different sizes in the future. Also depending on the success of the first one they may open up the line.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I just think that at this point what's the next iPhone going to be a sheet of paper. I would also prefer them keep the same size of the Watch and make battery life and the technology inside better. I feel they have space to make it thinner. There are people complaining it's chunky. I just think they don't have as much as the iPhone.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
It felt really light to me compared to what I was expecting. I think battery life, more storage and power will be targets for new versions.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
No doubt it's going to get thinner and lighter, and I'm okay with that as long as battery life isn't comprised or stays the same. Battery life on a watch is a must.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods