Fitbit users will you switch after you get the AppleWatch

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you are currently a Fitbit user which Fitbit do you have? Once you get the Watch do you plan to continue using the Fitbit or switch to the Watch or use both? I have a Fitbit One and after an initial 2 or 3 week test with the Watch I will switch away from the Fitbit depending on the results. The reason is that there are a lot of activity that I do missed by my Fitbit. I don't wear it to the gym because I constantly forget it clipped to my shorts. The first one I had ended up in the wash because of that and I had to buy a new one. I constantly forget to swap to my new jeans during the week so I lose 1-2 days of activity tracking.

The only thing I'm hoping Apple does is to have the social aspect which Fitbit has right now. If the Watch tracks but keeps the information to itself like an island then people will continue with their Fitbit regardless. They have established many friends and if they wont have the same sort of social activity then why change. I know Fitbit declined to work with HealthKit so I'm thinking they are going to pass up the chance to have their app on the Watch.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure. I'm a fitbit addict. I also use the built-in step counter in my phone now. I'm pretty sure I'll use both.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. The watch being on my wrist would track much better. I've made quite a few friends but no one I know personally so that wouldn't hold me back from switching. However the social element does push me so if the Watch doesn't have it that would take away from the experience for me.

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I have a Fitbit One, and look forward to dumping it when I get my Watch. The little holder thing is a mess, but I haven't replaced it because I've been waiting for the watch.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a Fitbit One, and look forward to dumping it when I get my Watch. The little holder thing is a mess, but I haven't replaced it because I've been waiting for the watch.

Fitbit One owner here too and I love it but there are some drawbacks for me.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The thing about Fitbit is the community aspect. None of my friends are going to have Apple watches. And Fitbit says they aren't going to support the watch. Dumb move. It'd be the same as looking at your stats on the phone, but more convenient. They would work together, not exclusively.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The thing about Fitbit is the community aspect. None of my friends are going to have Apple watches. And Fitbit says they aren't going to support the watch. Dumb move. It'd be the same as looking at your stats on the phone, but more convenient. They would work together, not exclusively.

This is exactly what I was saying. So far Fitbit's actions are very disappointing and feel like they are un-necessarily scared. I'm hoping Apple would have the same social aspect to their fitness tracking on the watch. All of the friends I have on Fitbit are users who I have never met personally. While with the watch if there is that social aspect it would be people that I'm physically close to, friends and family, who I would add. An example my sister who doesn't have a Fitbit but will get an Watch eventually. Now Fitbit perhaps say Nike get out of the band market and got scared because they thought that Apple would get into their space with the Watch. I'm a Fitbit user and once I get the watch I will probably ditch the Fitbit and that might be what they are scared of. However I'm not going to throw it away I paid money for it. I would give it to my brother or a friend which means more users on Fitbit. If the Fitbit app was on the Watch I would remain a Fitbit user so it would have been a way to grow their network. So it's a shame really but only time will tell what happens.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
No reason to write off your Fitbit stats and friends/community just because you have the Watch. Just use your phone with the Fitbit app and enjoy the best of both. Albeit you have to have your phone with you when you walk/run, but I do that already.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No reason to write off your Fitbit stats and friends/community just because you have the Watch. Just use your phone with the Fitbit app and enjoy the best of both. Albeit you have to have your phone with you when you walk/run, but I do that already.

I don't which is why the Watch would have been perfect for me. It has all the pros of the Fitbit and none of the downsides of the Fitbit.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
My phone goes everywhere. Which is why my dog almost stepped on a coral snake when I was out "running" last week!!! I stick it in my sports bra.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal