How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?

vigilant

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I LOOOOVE the look of the SS.

I fell in love with the link bracelet today. I was completely convinced that I was going to want the milanese loop, but after wearing the Link I was reminded of the watches I use to wear. Just angry now that the link band won't get here till MAY

Here's some pictures from the try on event. My hand is the hairy hand, the non-hairy hand is my wife.

Watch Try One - Album on Imgur

40LzjXb.jpg

yRNbKb3.jpg

H0JGCoC.jpg

1YZeC9m.jpg

c2eVLX7.jpg

YNhBepc.jpg

WNECXD9.jpg

6WmE8hy.jpg

uDJltLj.jpg

aU8JbZm.jpg

Ne3lRdj.jpg

pQOgDA9.jpg

Ki44A7c.jpg

x1wouvy.jpg

5vyEce7.jpg

D0sflwB.jpg

NoGOy6v.jpg

5Lu4od4.jpg

6ccVym8.jpg

aoGtN3z.jpg

Attachments

• aoGtN3z.jpg
    aoGtN3z.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 55

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures. But is the one SS one upside down on the left hand? Vs it's crown is up right other the other ones you tried on

rav813

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?

Yeah the watch is upside down on her wrist in one pic

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay just making sure they didn't randomly place the band on the watch incorrectly. Would be foolish of them.

rav813

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually the design is meant to be ambidextrous, so there's no wrong way to put the straps on - just depends on what wrist you're putting it on

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Nope same color. The bundled bands are two different sizes, one Small-Medium which fits wrists sized 135mm-156mm, and one Medium-Large which fits wrists sized 165mm-180mm

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I went to the Glendale Galleria Apple Store today, on spec, as I didn't have an appointment and needed to go to a store in the mall anyway.

As it happened, although all their appointments were booked, they had laid on more staff to do deal with 'walk-ins' so I got seen right away.

I was interested in the 42mm Stainless Steel With Milanese Loop watch ($699) and I got to try a demo version of that.

The watch was smaller than my daily driver Citizen Eco Drive Titanium watch in all dimensions, which I found interesting. So many people seem to have been complaining about the size so I'm glad I had the opportunity to try one for myself as now I can discount all those reports of it being too large.

The screen on the version mounted to the table, which was running the release version (allegedly) and it seemed to be very smooth in operation. The Haptic feedback was weird but oddly satisfying and the feeling of the watch tapping you on the wrist, which the demo unit did on a couple of occasions, was also very interesting. It's a noticeable tap too which I think could be very useful for notifications.

The Milanese loop needed to be opened up to the fu,lest extent to allow me to get my hand through (yes, I have big hands and wrists) and the loop itself fastened securely. The magnet is pretty strong, so I do not see it undoing unless it is pried loose. Even if it does come undone, it looks like the magnetic end would not go through the band loop unless it was specifically manhandled to do so, which again alleviates my fears.

My only complaint is that it may take me some time to get used to the loop as it seems to me that it best secures when it is fastened rightly to the wrist, which I dislike. I prefer a slightly looser strap.
Overall, the watch is beautiful, the OS seems smooth and it definitely feels like an Apple device. By that I mean that they were not the first to market but what they did was take what many other smart watch manufacturers did and refined it and refined it and refined it until you have something quintessentially Apple.

I haven't pre-ordered as I just can't afford it at the moment but I will definitely get one if my birthday money comes through in a few weeks.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Eek.. I ordered a 42mm because I like big watches too. I hope my experience is different. I'm not going to try on until tomorrow.

Coming from a guy (disclaimer, married 20 years), I have never looked at a girl's watch and thought, "Oh, that is way too big for her wrist. . . . What was she thinking?"

Just my two cents.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
They are the same color, but . . . it is not "actually" two bands. You get three pieces, only the side with the holes is swapped for adjustments.

Suggs68

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Appointment went really well. Super helpful Apple employee, as usual. tried on both sizes of the sport. Haptic feedback was really nice, so much better than my MSFT Band. Really subtle and the different vibrations for different notifications was excellent. I'm a guy with a fairly small wrist. The 42 didn't look too big, and surprisingly the 38 didn't look too small. I ordered the 38mm sport, mainly because the 42mm was already backordered when I got my order in (at 12:02 btw). The Apple store guy confirmed there's no way to have the initial batch shipped to the store, and there's also no way to upgrade shipping to overnight. Guess we'll have to wait and keep our fingers crossed. Really want mine on the 24th,
I think I'd probably prefer the 42mm, but it was really close. Probably stick with the 38 until the 42's are available then ebay.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a guy (disclaimer, married 20 years), I have never looked at a girl's watch and thought, "Oh, that is way too big for her wrist. . . . What was she thinking?"

Just my two cents.

I guy wouldn't notice those things.

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73