How did your "Apple Watch Try-On Appointment" Go?

nickpthemft

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
So I had a great experience. Only two setbacks - first was they didn't have the Space Black stainless steel to try on (which is what I ordered), and they only had a small in the stainless steel with Light Pink Modern Buckle, which doesn't fit my wife. Other than that, they were super cool. Let us try on as many different ones as we wanted, and even let me get the hang of securing the Link Bracelet, taking links out, etc. I was able to take the bands off the stainless steel, swap them, and even put the watch on/off myself, after I built a little trust with the employee that was showing them to me, and his manager. What I thought was most striking was when the Watch and the Watch Sport were without bands, there was a SIGNIFICANT difference in weight. Nice, if you're looking for something lighter, but I like my watches with more heft, so I'm super glad I went with the Watch. Also, sizes were smaller than I envisioned, so I'm glad I went with the 42mm (and my wife was glad she went with the 38mm).

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
At my spouse's appointment today, the store associate wouldn't even let him touch the watch. He put it on his wrist, let him move his arm around a bit to decide whether the size was right for him, then took it off and put it away. So, there's definitely a learning curve going on here. We weren't very impressed with the session.

njblackberry

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Went Saturday afternoon. The associate could not have been more helpful and knew a lot about the watches. She had ordered one also. I went to see the 42mm Milanese band, and the Black SS Link watch. The SS Link watch was heavier than I had expected, and I am very happy with my choice. They let my wife try on anything she wanted to (not the Watch Edition, thank you), and now she will likely get one once the initial orders get shipped.

The store was set up nicely and they were ready. Since they were already into Saturday I am sure the major rush was over.

Glad I went with the 42mm and not the 38mm.

anon(5787457)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Went in for my appointment today, originally ordered the 38mm Space Gray Sport model.

I flip flopped around a lot between the 38 and 42. Both fit my relatively small wrists, but I find the 38 to be far more subtle and nuanced than the 42. The 42 screams "smart watch" to me.

Same thinking here. I like that the 38mm is more subtle because I see it from a fashion standpoint as well. I still think the display is big enough. On my very small wrist (although I'm male) the 42mm looked HUGE! So I went with the 38mm and classic leather buckle - delivery from 04/24 - 05/08. I hope it will be sooner rather than later :)

This is how the 38mm looks on my wrist :)

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Same thinking here. I like that the 38mm is more subtle because I see it from a fashion standpoint as well. I still think the display is big enough. On my very small wrist (although I'm male) the 42mm looked HUGE! So I went with the 38mm and classic leather buckle - delivery from 04/24 - 05/08. I hope it will be sooner rather than later :)

This is how the 38mm looks on my wrist :)

View attachment 79921

View attachment 79922

I wish your pictures were taken from the same distance. The disparity makes the comparison difficult. Did you crop the 42mm pic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I made an appointment for later to day to see the Watch - mostly out of curiosity. After coming to the absolute realization that I will not wear an Watch or any watch, smart or not, I cancelled the appointment.

I have a lot of Apple stuff in my home (Macs, iPhones, iPads, routers, AppleTVs, etc) and my family uses iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch as their personal/mobile devices, almost universally. But for some reason, I cannot conjure up any interest in the Watch, personally.

Good luck to all of you who are excited, anxious and in your "feeding frenzy". I truly hope each of you gets the device that you are seeking.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
So are the appointments primarily just to try on the watches?

Is there any instructional info given? I heard that there's a a bit of a learning curve.

Also did anyone happen to hear if the apple store would be carrying bands in the stores at launch?

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Can someone who tried the watch with the Milanese Loop tell me if the watch band will separate completely? I'm nearing the top range of the band size, and while I'm not really concerned about it fitting my wrist, I am worried about getting it over my hand when putting it on. I suppose I should have just tried one on when I was in the Apple Store the other day picking up a new iPad, but I'm hoping to keep the whole experience a surprise when I get mine delivered.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Can someone who tried the watch with the Milanese Loop tell me if the watch band will separate completely? I'm nearing the top range of the band size, and while I'm not really concerned about it fitting my wrist, I am worried about getting it over my hand when putting it on. I suppose I should have just tried one on when I was in the Apple Store the other day picking up a new iPad, but I'm hoping to keep the whole experience a surprise when I get mine delivered.

You shouldn't have any issues. I ordered the Milanese and tried it on. It loops around itself to lock into place. All should be good for you.

Bifurcated

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
My try-on was good in terms of learning - I determined that I indeed love the SS with black classic leather, but that I am very happy to buy the less pricy space grey with black sports band. So good.

But the try-on was less pleasurable as an experience. The associate was overly friendly, and weirdly stood just a little too close to me, so I kept wanting to step backwards when we were talking. And despite the friendliness, she was utterly rigid with the process, and would not let me match different bands. (I particularly wanted to try the space grey with the leather loop and the aluminum sports watch with the black sports band.) I was literally the only person in the store trying on a watch, so it wasn't a case of them being busy. I am a bit jealous of all the people who have written here about their great sessions.

In any case, watch ordered, coming in June! Very excited!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods