If you're not getting the Apple Watch are you still going to try one on?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know some people have said they will wait until gen 2 or are not getting an Watch at all. If you're in that group are you still going to make an appointment or go in to an Apple store to play with one? I'm wondering because I know myself and it would be too much temptation especially if you are trying to wait until Gen 2.

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I may try one on, but I'll let the initial crowds die down first. I want to yield to the people who are actually buying versus satisfying my curiosity.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yep absolutely. I almost entertained getting one to play with on launch day then returning it. I am waiting on v2 :)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I may try one on, but I'll let the initial crowds die down first. I want to yield to the people who are actually buying versus satisfying my curiosity.

I am NOT* going to get one... Probably in May when my birthday money arrives. And if my girlfriend reads this - Don't worry, honey, I won't* be getting an Apple Watch.

But yes, your way of looking at it is great. Let those who actually want one first to schedule an appointment.

Saying that, I tried to get an appointment to see one today as I'm going to be going to a store about four doors away from one of the five Apple Stores within ten miles of where I live (three within four miles) but there are predictably no appointments available in any of them. There was one slot at the perfect time but in the time it took my old and decrepit iPad 2 to load the appointment page, it had been snapped up. :(

EDIT: Well, I had to go to Glendale Galleria anyway, so I stopped in to the Apple Store there and tried on a SS Milanese Loop watch. Beautiful, fluid and desirable. The Milanese Loop feels like metal fabric. Incredible. Definitely 100% the one I will get if* I get one.

For giggles, I also looked at the black Sport with the Fluoroelastomer band and I dislike it immensely. Not for anything other than aesthetic snobbery, so don't let that put anyone off. However, the Fluoroelastomer band was the softest, most malleable and comfortable band I think I have ever worn on a watch. It reminded me of the silicon shroud I have for my iPod Classic, but way softer. If you are thinking of getting a Sport, I don't think you will be disappointed with the feel of the band.

*when

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2