Could I End Up With A Counterfeit Apple Watch?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
With all the hype and limited supply, who is concerned about counterfeit watches so much they would not buy from a 3rd party seller?

Supposedly legitimate preorders are already being resold on eBay. What if they just have a knockoff?

Who is gun shy about this? Who is willing to take a chance on eBay seller "integrity" and pay the markup?

counterfeit apple watch - Bing

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So none of you believe that these eBay offerings will be sold? You think every consumer that wants an Apple Watch will buy from Apple and all the eBay adverts are a waste of bandwidth that no one will purchase from?

Nice that you believe no one will get duped. I would wish for that as well, but am not quite so sure that many counterfeits won't be passed off this way.

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
With all the hype and limited supply, who is concerned about counterfeit watches so much they would not buy from a 3rd party seller?

Supposedly legitimate preorders are already being resold on eBay. What if they just have a knockoff?

Who is gun shy about this? Who is willing to take a chance on eBay seller "integrity" and pay the markup?

counterfeit apple watch - Bing

I am sure counterfeits will happen. That is jsut the nature of things. If I wanted one now, and was willing to pay the markup, I wouldn't shy away form buying on eBay, but I would just check very carefully to make sure that it is authentic. I am sure that there will be guides to check, as people get them.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
It would be more wise to buy directly from Apple. People usually charge twice as much & its a good chance it could possibly be a counterfeit.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The ones on EBay will sell guaranteed. It's not hard to spot a fake and any outside seller should allow you to turn it on and use it to make sure it's not dead. What I would be more concerned about is stolen units because I'm pretty sure there will be some that get stolen. I've sold an extra iPhone in the past a week after launch day. It's all up to the way the seller deals with you. I gave the seller a copy of the receipt with my CC info wiped out so that if they needed to they would have proof of purchase. The reciept itself was proof I bought it from Apple. When we met up for the exchange I waited while they opened the box inspected it. They turned it on and opened up the camera, checked the storage space. I had no problem because it was brand spanking new. So if the seller seem sketchy has all sorts of hoops to jump through move on because chances are they wont be the only seller.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2