No Apple logo?

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
All iDevices proudly flaunt their Apple logos in the back (actually, seeing a MacBook with a sticker on top is rare and usually seen in shows or movies that didn't get paid by Apple to show their products on screen). When you see someone on the phone, you can see their Apple logos on the back. Someone snapping a picture with their iPad (that trend needs to die, BTW)? Apple logo... even cases try to leave a cut-out to display it with pride.

But the Apple watch doesn't have one. Or did I miss it? Seems like it could have been on the back of the device at least, or in the rotating crown...

Pedro Hicken

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure there is room for a logo. Were there no sensor on the back then there would be one there I guess. Otherwise, no doubt when you turn the device on, it will have the logo on startup as normal.

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The design is not all that unique, really...especially when it's something as 'small' as a watch, where at quick glance you can mistake it for another one. I think it would have been cool if the Apple logo were translucent on the backplate and the sensor would light it up, even though you can't really see it in action. Or a subtle one on the crown dial, but yeah, that would make it a bit tacky.

But at least on the backplate there IS room for a small engraving!

SpookDroid

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I guess I DID miss it! There it is! This is from a promo image, is it really there on the watch? Is it only on the sports version?

apple-watch-sensors-580-90.jpg

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think they all have that inscription underneath. I'm sure a third part will make bands with the logo embossed or cut out. I saw that because I want it lol.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The logo is always on the back of the device, and usually visible to others who observe someone using an Apple iPhone, iPad or Mac. In the case of the Watch, the back of the device is plastered against the user/owner's arm, and therefore not visible to anyone who sees the device "in the wild".

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
yeah it's on the back. I wouldn't want to pay this much and waste space or be forced to look at a logo. I got a replacement Pebble watch and it's branded on the rubber part that holds the extra bit of the strap in place. My original had nothing visible while you wore it, just an inscription on the back.

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
All iDevices proudly flaunt their Apple logos in the back (actually, seeing a MacBook with a sticker on top is rare and usually seen in shows or movies that didn't get paid by Apple to show their products on screen). When you see someone on the phone, you can see their Apple logos on the back. Someone snapping a picture with their iPad (that trend needs to die, BTW)? Apple logo... even cases try to leave a cut-out to display it with pride.

But the Apple watch doesn't have one. Or did I miss it? Seems like it could have been on the back of the device at least, or in the rotating crown...

I completely agree about taking pictures with the iPad. I think is ridiculous and very rude also. Not only you have this 10" bright screen in a dark room, you also have a 10"+ device blocking the view of the people behind you.
Almost everyone has a smartphone nowadays, or at least a phone with camera. (But if you have an iPad, I'm sure you have a smartphone) Take a picture with your phones!!! It will probably take better pictures anyways. Sorry... End of rant... carry on

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW