Anyone planning on selling their Apple watch on ebay for a profit?

dpham00

Trusted Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Although I am not a fan of scalping, I realize that some people are not that well off, and I can understand that they need to scalp to make some money to help offset the cost of the watch. Of course, there are those who scalp just for a profit, and that is another story.

Anyway, just curious if anyone here planted to sell theirs on ebay for a profit?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't see why anyone is bothered by selling for a profit. If the person stole the Watch and sells it for a profit ok I understand. However whether they can afford the watch or not to me is irrelevant. If someone is willing to pay the money why shouldn't someone sell it? It's the law of supply and demand. If someone can't wait a month or two and would rather shell out double the cost of the item I think the buyer is more of the *****.

inmnbob

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I bought two. With different sizes. I will sell one hopefully to a friend at list price. If the watches go for crazy profit on eBay I would consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I got mine to wear. However, if I were to change my mind on what I wanted, I might consider it, but more than likely, no

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK let's just suppose that the price online goes crazy. It's 3 times the cost you paid because shipping is like three months. Everyone can seriously say they wouldn't sell theirs? I am patient so I would sell mine for sure. I could order another for basically free and have money left over. I don't see how it's taking advantage of anyone. It's the same to me as if house prices started to skyrocket in your neighbourhood. If someone offered double what you just paid for your house I doubt anyone would see that as taking advantage of anyone.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I was having a hard time deciding which size white sport I wanted. So I ordered both the 38 and the 42. Went to the store to try them on and 38 was perfect. I figured I would return the one that I didn't keep. Well then someone mentioned how much they were going for on eBay. So I looked- long story short someone bought my 42 white sport for $600. That will buy me an extra sport band and apple care!

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I should have pre-ordered an extra! The Sport 42mm in Space Gray is hot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428841399.096710.jpg

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't think it's fair to take advantage of the situation or my fellow man/woman.

There will always be people who are willing to pay higher prices for a product or service without having to do the leg work, so to speak., and it is especially true with people who absolutely crave to be among the "first" in regard to the latest big thing. Those people have an uncontrolled "want", not a "need", and therefore they are not being taken advantage of nor do they feel they are being taken advantage of. In fact, many of them have no problem telling you that they paid thousands of dollars for something that can be bought for hundreds.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If people are dumb/impatient enough to spend hundreds or more over list price to buy something instead of waiting, well then good for people selling them. Me, no, I bought it to wear. Plus ebay and their fees are ridiculous.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
It looks like a 100 or 200 at most profit selling time spots. But I think the time to sell is Apr 24th or when you get it. That is, if your goal is to resell. Once you open it and wear it, you may as well return to Apple if you want your money back.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If people are dumb/impatient enough to spend hundreds or more over list price to buy something instead of waiting, well then good for people selling them. Me, no, I bought it to wear. Plus ebay and their fees are ridiculous.

Thing is, they still have to wait. Some ship dates are in June for pre-orders.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakeland Ghost