Already a lot on eBay

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I think this is going to be the state of the game for any new non-Mac Apple product. Judging by the insane amount of resellers that were in the iPhone 6 line a few months back its a huge business.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This was pretty much inevitable. It's the first one and the times here in Canada are already out to 2 months. The current iPhones are a harder sell because people who already have an older model can wait the month or two. I'm willing to bet the prices will be going up, up, up soon ;)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Most of the sellers probably don't actually have the watch yet, they just got a pre-order in, or they plan to campout/wait in line on release day. You are paying for their efforts, but really it only took waiting up a little late (or setting your alarm), to get a pre-order in, or just be willing to wait a little bit if you have to!

Skatophilia

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Most of the sellers probably don't actually have the watch yet, they just got a pre-order in, or they plan to campout/wait in line on release day. You are paying for their efforts, but really it only took waiting up a little late (or setting your alarm), to get a pre-order in, or just be willing to wait a little bit if you have to!

It should also be interesting to see if any of those ebay listings are a dud since you can't actually get the watch yet

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It should also be interesting to see if any of those ebay listings are a dud since you can't actually get the watch yet

There are always scammers but buying comics people on EBay do it all the time. They will hold a pre-sale before the comic is supposed to be released. If the comic is supposed to be hot then buyers want to make sure they have a copy and will pay in advance.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Good thing I have patience. I would never pay hundreds, over the already expensive product, and with that you might not even get it that much earlier than if you ordered it a little later.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
eBay needs to ban every single person selling one of these. It should be illegal to sell what you don't have.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
eBay needs to ban every single person selling one of these. It should be illegal to sell what you don't have.

With some ship dates in June, do you think maybe Apple is doing that just a bit? #StillRollingOffProductionLines
:D

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Agree. Hate those "preorder" sales they have all the time. I think it even says on ebay about having to have the product somewhere in their terms.. I'm sure they have plenty of other things to worry about though.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
You are always going to have the resellers trying to cash in on any new product that's already back ordered.

I will just wait for the initial rush to pass and then go to the Apple Store and buy one. It's not something I have to have right this minute.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2