Pre-order complete

Higuma_JPN

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Time: 4:05 pm JST ( 12:05 PST )

Method: Apple Store app on iPhone 6+

Model: Apple Watch 42mm Sport - Space Grey / Black Band

Quoted ETA: 5/11- 5/22

The online Apple store was AWOL here in Japan for the entirety of my order and confirmation process - I was prepared for this and had the Apple Store app ready to go on my iPhone, just in case...

Managed to connect at about 3 minutes past go time - selection process was quick - logged into my account and unfortunately there was a problem with my listed phone numbers... On its own this should not have been a problem but because I am ordering from the Japanese Apple Store the app was only displaying in Japanese and it took about 90 seconds for me to straighten out my account information...

Probably this small delay bumped off the initial ship date but I am not displeased with early May as I can roll over the CC payment for another month as Apple doesn't charge the card until shipment...

I have since gone into my Apple Account management page and corrected the incorrect items that caused my delay in ordering - - This won't happen again...:p

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have since gone into my Apple Account management page and corrected the incorrect items that caused my delay in ordering - - This won't happen again...:p

I had problems with the phone number as well. It appeared to be fine on the order page (I just deleted it to continue). When I went into the account page later I saw that the area code field was blank and the area code was included with the rest of the number. All fixed now.

kyussmondo

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Lots of people are going for the space grey with black strap.

Time: 8:09 am GMT
Method: Apple Store app on iPhone 6+
Model: Apple Watch 42mm Sport - Aluminium / Blue Band (probably will order a black band at a later date for more formal occasions)
Quoted ETA: 12/5- 26/5

andrewsmith

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Time: 2:03 CST
Watch: 42mm Space Gray Sport
Shipping:4/24-5/8
Ordered on Apple Store app on iPhone 6
Just for kicks I kept refreshing my MBA and MBP and it took until 2:08CST to access the store via Safari.
Texas

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Damn I should have put a poll to choose between the site and the apple store app. Just my sense from the thread is that a lot more people used the app. I was going to use the app myself but didn't want to get anything incorrect and end up with a late shipment. So I thought it was safer to go through the site.

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I originally went through the app, had an April 24 - May 8 delivery, but didn't preorder because it wouldn't take the $250 in apple store gift cards I had. Thought I was doing something wrong. Didn't get on the computer based site until 15 minutes after preorders went live. Low and behold, it already went to June for the Space Gray 42mm. Come to find out, the apple store app does NOT accept gift cards as payment even though clicking on the gift card in passbook takes you there. You need to go through the computer browser to use gift cards.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I originally went through the app, had an April 24 - May 8 delivery, but didn't preorder because it wouldn't take the $250 in apple store gift cards I had. Thought I was doing something wrong. Didn't get on the computer based site until 15 minutes after preorders went live. Low and behold, it already went to June for the Space Gray 42mm. Come to find out, the apple store app does NOT accept gift cards as payment even though clicking on the gift card in passbook takes you there. You need to go through the computer browser to use gift cards.

Well that is just a bit stupid :confused: You should report the error to Apple Apple - Feedback

Steven Sabo

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
I did and got a call back from them. They apologized and said that they know at this time the app cannot accept gift cards. They also said that this is a feature they are looking at adding in the future. They also said there was nothing they could do about the shipping time even though they knew of this problem. So I will have my leather loop to wear well before my watch...lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I did and got a call back from them. They apologized and said that they know at this time the app cannot accept gift cards. They also said that this is a feature they are looking at adding in the future. They also said there was nothing they could do about the shipping time even though they knew of this problem. So I will have my leather loop to wear well before my watch...lol

At least you got a call back, it's not much but better than some other companies right?

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Bit late but scheduled my try on appointment right at 2:01 am on 04/10 for 10:00 am Sat 11th. Walked in and tried on a few and used  pay to purchase mine right after.

Went with 38 MM stainless steel with sport band. Estimated ship May 14-24

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Bit late but scheduled my try on appointment right at 2:01 am on 04/10 for 10:00 am Sat 11th. Walked in and tried on a few and used  pay to purchase mine right after.

Went with 38 MM stainless steel with sport band. Estimated ship May 14-24

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Where are you located? That's not a bad ship date considering you just ordered today!

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Well I did my official try on the appointment today ( The first time was just a quick walk in)

I tried to 38mm sport with white band, which is what I ordered. I actually liked it more this time because I was able to spend more time with it.

I also tried the classic buckle, modern buckle & Milanese loop. I really like the classic buckle.
The rep said eventually the bands will be in stores, ( after May), so I might get the classic buckle at some point.

winaje

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, created an account to post to this thread.

Melbourne, Australia.
Ordered with Store App at 5:02pm.
42mm SS with Milanese
24/4 to 8/5 delivery "window"

I'd previously checked that all my Apple Store settings were correct, and did a small test purchase to confirm that it all worked properly. Desired watch saved in favourites. Told my Boss and everyone else to go away as I was not "here" from 4:50pm...
I had my work computer logged into the site and on the favourites page for the watch, with a 2 second refresh via a chrome extension. iPad beside me on a different internet connection. App Store on iPad came up at 5:02, grabbed it and ordered, took a minute or so to complete the order as Australia isn't important enough to have Apple Pay yet, grrrrr. Got confirmation email at 5:05pm.
Interestingly, the website did not go live here until 5:10pm, and delivery dates were already in the middle of may. When I checked 15 minutes later my watch was delivering in June.

Hopefully Apple deliver for launch day, especially for those of us who got to order in the first couple of minutes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro