Any Stores other than Apple going to sell it in the future?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So i know they haven't said much about where it will be sold, but I was wondering if it will make it into stores like best buy and that which normally are big apple sellers, or if they are keeping it just in apple and high end fashion stores? only reason I ask is because BB is a lot closer to me than any apple store, not that it will be sold for awhile at those stores even if they were to carry it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Great question,l. In addition to what Keith stated, I assume the wireless carriers will sell them at some point as well as retail stores that also sell the iPhone and iPad.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Great question, in addition to what Keith stated, I assume the wireless carriers will sell them at some point as well as retail stores that also sell the iPhone and iPad.

I only asked because I have a bunch of BB gift cards, would have been nice to use on it. Oh well lol. If nothing else maybe Gen 2 will be sold in more stores.

Skatophilia

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I only asked because I have a bunch of BB gift cards, would have been nice to use on it. Oh well lol. If nothing else maybe Gen 2 will be sold in more stores.

I would be very surprised if Best Buy didn't end up selling even the "cheapest" version

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Apple does not want to sell at other retailers yet because the Watch requires a certain amount of "customer service" to sell it. Apple Sale Reps should be equipped to spend 15 minutes, but perhaps other retailers may not have the training and manpower? Besides, it may be hard to convince other retailers to require by appointments only when their business is based on walk-ins. Just my guess though.

Skatophilia

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Apple does not want to sell at other retailers yet because the Watch requires a certain amount of "customer service" to sell it. Apple Sale Reps should be equipped to spend 15 minutes, but perhaps other retailers may not have the training and manpower? Besides, it may be hard to convince other retailers to require by appointments only when their business is based on walk-ins. Just my guess though.

And the retail stores personnel that I live don't know much about technology even though they work at a tech store....

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I don't think you would really need appointments. Have certain modes at other stores and if they want a different one they can order it from Apple.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you would really need appointments. Have certain modes at other stores and if they want a different one they can order it from Apple.
Yeah, I would think not too...but the other explanation I can think of on why other retailers aren't selling the Watch is perhaps the demand isn't really there afterall? If the demand is high enough, you would think other retailers would sell it too, so...

I would like to think other retailers wouldn't be equipped with the sales pitch needed is the reason.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I would think not too...but the other explanation I can think of on why other retailers aren't selling the Watch is perhaps the demand isn't really there afterall? If the demand is high enough, you would think other retailers would sell it too, so...

I would like to think other retailers wouldn't be equipped with the sales pitch needed is the reason.

Yeah I think it's a much harder sell compared to an iPhone which essentially sells itself.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm positive that retailers like Best Buy will end up retailing the Sport models for sure. It's in Apple's best interest to make it widely available.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes, Best Buy will be selling at least some of them when production catches up with demand at Apple stores. Our local Best Buy already has secure cabinets with power in its drawers for securing watches overnight while they're being recharged.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Best Buy will be selling at least some of them when production catches up with demand at Apple stores. Our local Best Buy already has secure cabinets with power in its drawers for securing watches overnight while they're being recharged.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2