Having trouble deciding when to pre-order watch

Juliet0915

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to ask advice about the apple watch preorder.

I'm not sure which watch I want. My husband is already decided with no issue. I want to see how the 38 and 42 compare on my wrist. I've been considering the 38 all along but recent things I've read the 42 just feels like the right size.

Aside from that, I am not sure if I want the sport or the regular watch. I like the shiny look more than the dull look. Plus, while I want the modern blue band (but feel its too expensive for just the band and will wait for 3rd party sellers), I kind of hate all the plastic bands except the black one.

My plan was to go to an Apple store (I would set up an appointment as soon as the slots showed up on the website) to try on two (38 sport with white band and 42 watch with black band) but if I wait until then ... will I miss out on getting my order in on the 24th? I'm concerned if I don't order at 3 am (edt here), I'll miss out on release date and go through the same thing I dealt with on the 6 plus ... which was a month + wait for the 64 on AT&T.

Suggestions? Do you think I'll miss out on release date if I don't try to order until late morning?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to ask advice about the apple watch preorder.

I'm not sure which watch I want. My husband is already decided with no issue. I want to see how the 38 and 42 compare on my wrist. I've been considering the 38 all along but recent things I've read the 42 just feels like the right size.

Aside from that, I am not sure if I want the sport or the regular watch. I like the shiny look more than the dull look. Plus, while I want the modern blue band (but feel its too expensive for just the band and will wait for 3rd party sellers), I kind of hate all the plastic bands except the black one.

My plan was to go to an Apple store (I would set up an appointment as soon as the slots showed up on the website) to try on two (38 sport with white band and 42 watch with black band) but if I wait until then ... will I miss out on getting my order in on the 24th? I'm concerned if I don't order at 3 am (edt here), I'll miss out on release date and go through the same thing I dealt with on the 6 plus ... which was a month + wait for the 64 on AT&T.

Suggestions? Do you think I'll miss out on release date if I don't try to order until late morning?

Seems you are going to be waiting awhile regardless, which is why I am considering waiting until the initial hype dies down rather than waking up at 3 and still having to wait over a month to get the watch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems you are going to be waiting awhile regardless, which is why I am considering waiting until the initial hype dies down rather than waking up at 3 and still having to wait over a month to get the watch.

Whatever you decide to do is all on you. You're the one that will be buying it and you'll be the same be who'll be wearing the device. Having said that, I recommend you make an appointment to try on a few of the  Watches and then decide which one you should get.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I know which one I would get. But kind of pointless to wait for a preorder if they aren't even shipping for a month or so. Might as well have just waited another couple weeks to start the preorders if apple can't make enough even for preorders at this time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods