Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
How long do you think the ordering process will be? I'd like to get at least SOME sleep tonight!

Depends on Apple's servers. Most phone pre orders are fairly successful attempts at DDOSing store.apple.com. Hoping this isn't the case and it isn't an hour long process to keep a connection long enough to place something in the cart.

Scoov

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Here is the first round of winners!​

iMore coffee mug
carlsimmons81
jenkman91
wittstock
Tolulope Obe
jalexand007

iMore t-shirt
shawn_k
Jean Sagarese
Scoov

$25 iTunes gift card
Rainwater50
isaac watkins3

Congratulations! I'll be emailing everyone to get shipping info etc tomorrow. :)

Everyone else, stay tuned for more giveaways, including that $400 Apple gift card!

Sweet, thanks Michelle!

Mounir Touati

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
42 mm Stainless steel with milanese strap, wish I could afford to order the stainless strap which is absolutely amazing . 01:30 at montreal, the Apple Store online is closed... this is the only time i wish i lived in Europe...the night is getting too long

carlsimmons81

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Here is the first round of winners!​

iMore coffee mug
carlsimmons81
jenkman91
wittstock
Tolulope Obe
jalexand007

iMore t-shirt
shawn_k
Jean Sagarese
Scoov

$25 iTunes gift card
Rainwater50
isaac watkins3

Congratulations! I'll be emailing everyone to get shipping info etc tomorrow. :)

Everyone else, stay tuned for more giveaways, including that $400 Apple gift card!

Awesome!! Thank you :)

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I know this is sort of blasphemous, but the MyCell bands from Amazon are very convincing-looking versions of the Apple bands for much less. Interested to see how they look in person.

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
How many of you are coming from a Pebble, Android Wear, Microsoft Band, or other "smart watch". I'm excluding fitness trackers such as the Fitbit and Nike Fuel Band from this poll.

I currently have the Pebble (red).

I have had my black pebble original for nearly a year and a half. I also wore a fuel band up until about a week ago but I rarely did anything but sync the fuelband every 2 weeks. Once the pebble added tracking, steps and sleep tracking fuel band was pointless. I have been using an Under Armour Armour 39 heart rate strap with their Record fitness app for weight lifting calorie tracking. I think it will be a while before the Apple Watch will be able to consider weight lifting into it's activity score.

Quackinup

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
An open letter to West Coasters:

Dear West Coasters,
You lucky [expletive]s. Staying up till midnight isn't that tall an order for the next big Apple product. Time zones can do horrible things. (Not that you'd know.)
Love,
An East Coaster.

Hey, it works the other way more often than not. We're just lucky that Apple is headquartered over here. As an example, on the last week of American Idol there was a "tweet to save your favorite" that was only available to east coasters because they pulled the results live on the show which ran 3 hours earlier there than here.

mtlscream

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll go with 42mm... Used to bigger watch and if it's true, the battery is slightly better on the bigger sIze..

Sport aluminum because like some other, I know it's a first generation and will buy the next one too..
Band... I'm still undecided between green or blue....

Apple care +. Probably.... So will be easier to sell when I get generation 2. Or if anything happen....

AMCTheaters

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey, it works the other way more often than not. We're just lucky that Apple is headquartered over here. As an example, on the last week of American Idol there was a "tweet to save your favorite" that was only available to east coasters because they pulled the results live on the show which ran 3 hours earlier there than here.

True. I just happen to care far more about Apple than I do about anything even remotely related to American Idol.

Tolulope Obe

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
id rather buy a panerai or some tourbillon as an investment - the apple watch would have degraded by a lot possible without replacement by the time your possible investment will have materialized
I don't have the cash, but if I did, I would actually consider buying the Edition version as an investment.

Version one of a brand new Apple product/category that has the potential in several years to be considered just as ground breaking as the iPhone was. Add to that how rare an Edition version will be along with the simple fact that it's gold... I think it has true potential to double in value within 10-15 years.

Last edited:

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone link me to the giveaway? I see nothing about it :( then again, never been a good looker

Sent from my iPhone 6+ on Tapatalk

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Still deciding between 38 and 32 mm. I am a decently large guy but wrist is only 180mm around.

Sport space grey=looks coolest and most masculine for price range

black band because duh, however would love to later invest in a black leather band of some sort to class things up.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods