Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!

ccard3dev

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have my alarm set for 2:50 AM to buy the 38MM Apple Watch Sport in Space Grey. I was originally planning to get the Sport in silver and buy a black band, but I decided I like the all-black look more (besides, it matches my black iPhone 6 with black leather case):
Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 5.17.57 PM.png

I will probably use the "Solar" watch face most of the time, but I might switch to the "Simple" face for formal occasions:
-1x-1.jpg

klipper421

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
That may work but the fine print of any AppleCare+ agreement I've seen for my phones says that it doesn't cover purely cosmetic damage. We all know Apple has great customer service but they can refuse to let you use AppleCare+ for just a scratch.

You have good point, however, the way I see it if my Sport watch has that many scratches it just may have an "accident" before the AppleCare+ runs out.

Aperture76

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can use an apple gift card on the Apple Store iPhone app? From what I've seen you can only use a CC for payment.

I know the gift card can be used via the website

Liz Vinals

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
My sister and I are planning on staying up- finals are coming up and it's a great motivator to study!

I'm planning on getting the silver with the pink leather band. Can't wait!!

dfsatx

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
No doubt 3rd party sellers like Invisible Shield will have a fix for those wanting extra breakage protection for watch face.

thoughthalo

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is that the Apple watch (Stainless steel) is how apple envisioned the Watch and the sport only exists because they needed a entry level option.. Kinda like the iPhone 5c ((My opinion!)

Interesting viewpoint. But luckily the internals are the same between both the models. So basically it is like an iPhone 5s with a 5c body but the same size.. Is it that big a difference.... Not sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Not "waiting up," but am getting up early to order! Staying up to watch Blacklist, crash for a bit, up to order watch!

klipper421

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can use an apple gift card on the Apple Store iPhone app? From what I've seen you can only use a CC for payment.

I know the gift card can be used via the website

I was going to do the same thing but it appears that you can't redeem an Apple Gift Card in the Apple Store iPhone app. Here is the best explanation that I found in the Apple Support Communities.

Hi s49,

OK, so I got my gift card, put it in my Passbook by scanning the bar code with my iPhone camera (but it also appears that it could be updated via iCloud as well), and then tried to purchase something through the Apple Store app on my iPhone. I had the same result you did - it wanted to go to my credit card.

So, I started doing some digging and you can redeem the card using the Apple Store via a computer, or via the website, but the Passbook-enabled app means only that you can purchase passbook items via the iOS Apple Store (i.e. Gift Cards that will go into the Passbook, and which can be used in an Apple Store because they have the bar code on the pass in the passbook). Here is the paragraph from the Apple site on the Passbook-enabled apps:

Passbook-enabled apps: When you buy tickets, check in for a flight, or add a card through an iOS app, the app will offer or prompt you to add a pass to Passbook. To view a list of featured Passbook-enabled apps on your device, select the Welcome pass in Passbook and tap "Apps for Passbook".

So, the app allows you to purchase a Gift Card that can then be put into your passbook. The pass itself is used in a physical store. The Gift Card balance can be used online, but the only place you can redeem the card itself online is via the website.

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,

GB

P.S., and unlike the iTunes & App Store Gift Cards, you do not "redeem" the card and show a "balance" on your account. As you purchase items on the online site or through a physical store, if you provide the Gift Card PIN when completing the purchase, it will deduct the amount of the purchase from the card. You can check the balance by going online and typing in the PIN and it will tell you how much is left on the card. So it works a little differently than iTunes & App Store gift cards.

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
You have good point, however, the way I see it if my Sport watch has that many scratches it just may have an "accident" before the AppleCare+ runs out.
You realise that people like you doing stuff like this are the main reason we have to pay so much for AppleCare in the first place, right?

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Interesting viewpoint. But luckily the internals are the same between both the models. ...
This is not precisely true. The sensors on the back are slightly different on the Sport, and the sensor pack itself is plastic and not ceramic so that will affect the function of the watch at least a tiny bit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods