Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!

jenkman91

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I just have one tiny question is the smaller one going to be easy to read my texts on? I had a stroke in my left eye and I don't want to strain it anymore than it can get on a regular day of working on the computer and my books.

Sorry to hear about that, Jean. Here's my recommendation: If you have an iPhone, download the Apple Store App and go to Featured--Apple Watch--View Pricing--Compare Case Sizes.

These photos represent the actual sizes of the Watch faces. I've never held the Watch in person, but this gave me a fantastic idea of what the sizes are actually like.

I hope this helps!

kenzerba

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Woot! Looking forward to seeing what the weighty feel of the Steel 42mm feels like. If it's too heavy, Space Grey 42mm will be my choice.

oogje

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Hoping to order a a 42mm steel with a classic buckle and a 38mm steel with a pink modern buckle. Unfortunately I'll be in non-launch country for several weeks spanning April 24th, so I'm going to try to order through apple.fr, shipping to a friend in Paris who will mail them to me in the Netherlands. What could go wrong?

shawn_k

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like fun and a good excuse to finally join the forums. I'm hoping the preorder goes a little smoother than iPhones where we won't have the cell carrier servers to deal with this time too.

Gazoobee

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm just thankful that so many people have similar tastes and that they are different from mine. Everyone seems to be ordering the biggest one (42mm) regardless of whether it will actually fit them, and "black" everything if possible.

Your lack of taste and style is my benefit. :)

jenkman91

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like fun and a good excuse to finally join the forums. I'm hoping the preorder goes a little smoother than iPhones where we won't have the cell carrier servers to deal with this time too.

Exactly what I did!

I have a feeling (knocks on wood) that this will go better than the last iPhone pre-order. I honestly think the bottleneck comes from the carriers' end. Think about it. When people do upgrades, new lines, etc... Apple.com has to open a portal to the respected carrier site to fulfill the request. On any given day, the these sites don't get nearly the amount of web traffic that apple.com gets and when they do, it doesn't happen often. The big three don't care to upgrade as it is a waste of money and effort for them.

kenjancef

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the Microsoft Band, but there are just enough annoyances that I am excited to try the Watch. I wish it had sleep tracking... maybe that can be added later? Probably not....

Jean Sagarese

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
I have the iPod Touch with the Apple Store App and no access to wifi at this very moment so I will stop at the store on the way home, my contract is up Mid August but I was considering ordering the watch tonight so I will be ready to hit the ground running when I can upgrade but it isn't also imperative to have it before then. I do know it will be the sport model in the silver aluminum with either pink or green band

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAJAMA PARTY!!!!! Who's bringing the beer??!?!?!?!?!

oh wait....it's a VIRTUAL pajama party.....dang....OK I'll open my own beer then....

jenkman91

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I like you thinking!!!

I have the iPod Touch with the Apple Store App and no access to wifi at this very moment so I will stop at the store on the way home, my contract is up Mid August but I was considering ordering the watch tonight so I will be ready to hit the ground running when I can upgrade but it isn't also imperative to have it before then. I do know it will be the sport model in the silver aluminum with either pink or green band

Awesome! Well, whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck with your new iPhone and AppleWatch!

Shadowxpr

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that the sport black will go first, I'm hoping since I'm getting the 38mm that will give me a chance to get one. I'm expecting 42mm to go first. Hopefully imore tips of having both then pop store app and web page ready will help.

Good luck to you all today!