Is this the beginning of the end?

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Do you have any concerns that products like the Apple Watch, which will make it easier to pay for things, may be a sign of the end days?

Hear me out. The Cashless society is slowly becoming a reality. And in Revelation (if you are into that) it says that no one can buy or sell unless they have the "mark".

I like convienince, but are we turning a blind eye to what may be the start of something, foretold long ago, that will ultimately be our demise?

Yes you can turn off your smartphone, put away your smart watch now, but how far will we go? Will we embed chips into our hands? Have barcodes on our bodies.

Seems creepy. Thoughts?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it isn't a bad thing as you say. There will still be ways to pay with cash, and most places don't accept apple pay yet anyway. I wouldn't think too deep into it... yet lol

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
This isn't the start, though. People were saying that credit cards (especially once the holograms were added) were the mark of the beast because it was a form of payment that most people held in their right hand. Some people even insisted that all of the holograms had the numbers 666 either above it or embedded in it.

Then, it was micro-chipping our pets that led people to say that humans would be next. While I have heard of some situations of humans having micro-chips inserted, the widespread use hasn't happened yet.

While these things may desensitize people to the past resistance to micro-chips and barcodes, they don't creep me out.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any concerns that products like the Apple Watch, which will make it easier to pay for things, may be a sign of the end days?

Hear me out. The Cashless society is slowly becoming a reality. And in Revelation (if you are into that) it says that no one can buy or sell unless they have the "mark".

I like convienince, but are we turning a blind eye to what may be the start of something, foretold long ago, that will ultimately be our demise?

Yes you can turn off your smartphone, put away your smart watch now, but how far will we go? Will we embed chips into our hands? Have barcodes on our bodies.

Seems creepy. Thoughts?

The same things were said about the use of debit cards instead of cash. The cards have chips for the most part. Nothing to see here, folks... please move along.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73