Will you be getting an Apple watch? Why or why not?

kikazz69

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
At first I was really hyped for the Apple Watch but now getting closer to the pre order date, I keep second guessing on my opinion I want to see other people's perspective of the Watch

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
The real question for me is... will I be getting a new iPhone... if I do I would consider the watch.

But I got rid of my watch when I started carrying my first smartphone.

I don't think I would really like it TBH. I gotta see it in the wild, maybe some friends of mine will get it.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I was going to, but seeing how laggy it looked in reviews, I am going to hold off for a little bit. Maybe I will get one later on, or just wait for V2.

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I strongly considered an Apple Watch but have decided against it. It has too many deal breakers for me to justify the purchase. Not waterproof, requires a daily charge, and is potentially fragile. Having notifications tap you on the wrist is annoying an slightly unsettling--being one of the biggest features it could be one of its greatest annoyances. Personally, I chose a Suunto Ambit 3 over an Apple Watch. While I know it's not Apple, it has Bluetooth 4.0 LE, easily togglable notifications, advanced fitness tracking, waterproof body, and 30 day battery life.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I was going to, but seeing how laggy it looked in reviews, I am going to hold off for a little bit. Maybe I will get one later on, or just wait for V2.

I think I will either hold off or just get a sport one. I was looking at SS ones but the reviews brought me down to earth.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
At this time, unlikely.It's not waterproof, and I like my current watch that is not a smartwatch, and I am a little weirded out at the idea that if an alert pops up anyone can read it. Yes I know they can do so with your phone, but this somehow seems more intimate than that. I dunno. Also, I am a little concerned about my skin not playing nice with the materials.

I also just don't see a "need" for me to have one yet.

The compelling desire is the heart rate monitor.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm hoping to get one. I knew it was coming so lined up a gig that should net me the cash as long as it doesn't go sidways. I'm getting it because I already see why I would us it. It was the same with the first iPad. The things I want it for, control my music, answer notifications, send messages, control my phone shutter remotely.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Well looks like I'll be waiting. Not going to wait up to preorder when it looks like it will be 4-6 week wait time like some sites are reporting.

Rainwater50

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'll be getting a sports version. I've been reading the reviews & most seem positive.

Most reviews have pointed out the flaws (and the learning curve), but none have panned the device, which is kind of what I was expecting. This have been all 1 week reviews, so I'll do the same.

If it turns out to be horrible, I'll return in within the 14 day window.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Yes, kind of always wanted a smart watch while I was with android. I'm going to getting the sports edition to accompany my iPhone.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
No, because the battery life concerns me and I don't use my iPhone on my main lines so there aren't many notifications for me to get on the Apple Watch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2